Changes in Thought Process (for lack of a better title) (Read 473 times)

How many of you have found your thought process changing since you've started running? For example, I'm heading to DC in a couple of weeks for a conference. I find myself wanting to get there early so I can get in a run around the mall and other monuments. I think it would be cool to run in that city. I've even started to plan a route from my hotel. Now, before I started running, this thought never would have come into my mind.
    "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
    va

Before I started running, I would never have thought I would get up at the crack of dawn, many days per week, and go running. Now, I usually wake up before the alarm goes off...

Swadvad

I'm going to visit the folks this weekend. I've already been on the map tool, mapping out a route around their house. If I get out early enough, I can run the cart paths on the golf course across the street. Definately a new way of thinking for me this year. I think running on the Mall in DC would be great. I hope you enjoy.

You'll ruin your knees!

On more than one occasion, I have planned business trips to be a certain place when a certain race was being held...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I'm going to visit the folks this weekend. I've already been on the map tool, mapping out a route around their house. If I get out early enough, I can run the cart paths on the golf course across the street. Definately a new way of thinking for me this year. I think running on the Mall in DC would be great. I hope you enjoy.
            Last Thursday I found myself wasting work time plotting potential running routes before my weekend trip.

Runners run