Garmin Express Fit wifi upload is a flaming pile of crap (Read 214 times)

bap

Garmin 620 Software Updates

Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:

• Enable operation of WIFI channels 12 and 13 by region.
    • Corrected WIFI communication errors on certain networks.
    • Corrected issued with GPS failing to update when GPS is disabled.
    • Various minor fixes.

Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:

• Added feature to allow the CONNECT key to wake the device and start a Wi-Fi transfer.
    • Fixed issue where running dynamics data could drop out during an activity.
    • Fixed issue where the reported battery capacity could be inaccurate.
    • Improvements to indoor distance and pace calculations.
    • Fixed issue related to the recovery adviser feature not displaying properly.
    • Improvements to the interaction between foot pod and GPS.
    • Fixed issue with resetting totals not working correctly.
    • Added feature to inform the user when returning to the target range of a workout step.
    • Fixed various issues with smartphone connectivity and the LiveTrack feature.
    • Fixed issue with running workouts contained in triathlon/mixed sport schedules not being retained on the device.
    • Fixed several other minor issues.
    • Updated translations.

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

delicate flower

Sometimes I'll go through the Express Fit wifi setup procedures again, disconnect the wifi, and set it up again.

Well I did this again the other day and the wifi is once again working.  I give it one or two more uploads until it fails again.

<3

delicate flower

• Various minor fixes.

• Added feature to allow the CONNECT key to wake the device and start a Wi-Fi transfer.
        • Added feature to inform the user when returning to the target range of a workout step.
        • Fixed issue with running workouts contained in triathlon/mixed sport schedules not being retained on the device.
        • Updated translations.

So other than that it should be working ok?

BTW they might want to look at their elevation calculations again.  Mine have been all over the friggin place since the last update.  I did 10 miles the other day on the FLAT rail trail and my activity shows an 1800' elevation gain.  *shakes head*

<3

I have the 220 and have always used the new clip to upload.  No problems

I recently updated the firmware and now use the bluetooth to send to Garmin Connect.  I still use the clip to upload to RA.

Never had an issue?

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

bap

So other than that it should be working ok?

BTW they might want to look at their elevation calculations again.  Mine have been all over the friggin place since the last update.  I did 10 miles the other day on the FLAT rail trail and my activity shows an 1800' elevation gain.  *shakes head*

Maybe you're so fit you didn't notice 

I once cycled 35 miles, including a 14,000 feet elevation gain, in 2 hours according to the stationary bike I was using in the gym.

Certified Running Coach
            Crocked since 2013

MrH

Getting my new 310XT and the ANT was a crap shoot, but after randomly enabling/disabling and toggling everything that could be toggled, it has been working without a problem for a few months.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

delicate flower

• Various minor fixes.

• Updated translations.

Ever since this last update was released, the elevation information that the 620 shits out is completely useless.  I have to go to Strava to get accurate elevation data.  I did 6 miles on the almost completely flat rail trail this morning and the 620 says I gain 774 feet of elevation.  IT WAS FLAT FFS.  At this point I'd have a real problem recommending the 620 to anyone.

<3

At this point I'd have a real problem recommending the 620 to anyone.

Well at least it's not like you dropped 400 bucks on the thing.

Dave

Who uses a running watch for elevation measurements?  Even Garmin Connect has a "Replace Elevation" option now.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

delicate flower

Who uses a running watch for elevation measurements?  Even Garmin Connect has a "Replace Elevation" option now.

You mean I shouldn't count on the functionality that I paid for?  I do use the elevation correction function on Garmin Connect.  I see on their facebook page though that they are having issues with the elevation function and it should be fixed within "a couple of weeks", so August.

BTW, I only use the elevation data to get an idea of how much uphill I ran.  Whatever the reading shows me has no impact on my running.  But since it's there, I'd like it to actually function correctly.

<3

delicate flower

Well at least it's not like you dropped 400 bucks on the thing.

Heh, 50 bucks out of pocket.  Big grin  Returned the 610 to Costco and bought the 620 from REI.

<3