Running Research Project, can you help? (Read 115 times)

HarryA180

Hi all,

My name is Harry and I am an undergraduate student at the University of Chichester (BSc Sport and Exercise Science) in the final year of my degree. I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me out with my dissertation? I am looking at eating habits and how they relate to reasons for exercise and total physical activity levels. This involves completing an anonymous online survey (takes 10-15 mins to complete).

To take part you need to be a male runner aged between 18-64. If you would like to take part, I have posted the survey link below. Alternatively, if you have any questions, you can contact me on here or via email (posted on the survey). Thank you! Smile

https://chichester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/running

npaden

<quote>

Thank you for your interest in my research project. To take part, you must be an adult (18-64 years) male, recreational runner.

A recreational runner is defined as someone who regularly competes in 5K, 10K and half marathon events and/or trains for approximately 3-5 hours a week (Muñoz et al., 2014).</quote>

So if we average more than 5 hours of running a week we aren't recreational runners and shouldn't participate in the survey?

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

HarryA180

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Those who do more than 5 hours can definitely take part in the survey. The definition was created in order to give a guide to the approximate training level of a recreational runner but this does not mean those who do more than 5 hours are not considered recreational runners. Apologises for the confusion, I hope this has cleared things up!

<quote>

Thank you for your interest in my research project. To take part, you must be an adult (18-64 years) male, recreational runner.

A recreational runner is defined as someone who regularly competes in 5K, 10K and half marathon events and/or trains for approximately 3-5 hours a week (Muñoz et al., 2014).</quote>

So if we average more than 5 hours of running a week we aren't recreational runners and shouldn't participate in the survey?

What if you, I mean I run a lil' less than 3 hours a week. Only teasing, I doubt I could help your survey. I don't run to race. I just run to stay in shape for other interest. Good luck.

HarryA180

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my survey. You would definitely be suitable for my study as your motives for exercise match what is required for my survey. I would greatly appreciate your participation in my survey, however this is completely voluntary Smile. Thank you!

What if you, I mean I run a lil' less than 3 hours a week. Only teasing, I doubt I could help your survey. I don't run to race. I just run to stay in shape for other interest. Good luck.

All set mate.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Gotta say, the first real question confuses me:

"I do not usually not eat before training":  Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Almost always, Always

I always do not usually eat...?

I never do not eat...?

HarryA180

Hello. Firstly thank you for your interest in my study!  Apologies for the confusion, this is partly due to this questionnaire originally being developed for athletes in Brazil, meaning the wording got slightly lost in translation. The 'Always' in this case would mean you never eat before training, and the 'Never' would mean you do eat before training. Thank you for clearing this up, I will look to see if I can change this. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you Smile

Gotta say, the first real question confuses me:

"I do not usually not eat before training":  Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Almost always, Always

I always do not usually eat...?

I never do not eat...?