Farewell to Fat Man Running! (Read 835 times)

When I started running 4 months ago I weighed 252lbs, today I am at 219lbs! And at 6'5" tall and weighing 219lbs the name did not fit me anymore. So goodbye to Fat Man Running and hello to The Running Man! Big grin
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Gotcha! I always hated the FMR name anyway. Name/profile/race info changed over on "virtual" forum.

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Dido. Everyone avoided using FMR. TRM is much better. Congrats on your amazing transition!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I never could do that "running man" dance.... Wink It does seem FAR more fitting than FMR. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

welcome TRM...much better then FRM...bad movie but better nick... Big grin
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Arnie's my hero! How could you possibly dis' any movie he's in???!!! Angry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"End of Days"...? That movie was really, really bad. Otherwise I generally like Ahnold's films, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I knew you'd eventually have to change your user name. You got rid of the ForMeR and are now TRiM. Well done!
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    Congratulations TRM!!!! That is so exciting. Now, I have a question...what is your secret? I'm running, I'm running, I'm running some more...I haven't lost a pound!!! My legs are made of steel, I am fit as can be in one sense, but I'm just not losing weight. I'm frustrated! Eryn
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                      Well after looking at your log you are running every bit as much as I am if not more, so the only other thing that I have done is changed my diet to a more healthy one. I have never been a big red meat person, so I eat very little red meat. I also cut out most of the "crap"foods, chips,candy, ice cream etc.... I eat a lot of tuna for protein and other fish and the only suppliment I take is a powder you mix with water called NOX-CG 3 made by xyience, I was introduced to it about 3 years ago before my Injury etc.. It is the "Big" thing in the Martial Arts world. It works for me and I like the taste! ( Blueberry ) Big grin
                      What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
                        It wouldn't hurt my feelings to cut out more red meat! We raise & slaughter our own beef, therefore, we have lots of it free & available. Honestly, I could gag just looking at steak because I've eaten so much of it!! I do great about cutting out chips, candy, etc. Icecream, on the other hand, is a problem. I justify a dish of icecream by saying, well, I ran 25miles this week, surely a bowl of icecream won't make a difference... Other than that, we eat generally pretty healthy. Lots of veggies & fruit, chicken & fish. I drink lots of water & skim milk. And since I've been running so much, I drink very little alcohol because hangovers or even slight dehydration from drinking just make for a crappy run. Damn, don't tell me I have to cut out the icecream!!!! Cry
                          Damn, don't tell me I have to cut out the icecream!!!! Cry
                          In that case, I won't tell you that. In fact, you can eat all the ice cream you want. However, make a rule that whenever you want ice cream, after you dish it out you have to let it sit on the counter for 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes, add a tablespoon of salt and enjoy! Try this and let me know how it goes. Big grin
                          My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

In that case, I won't tell you that. In fact, you can eat all the ice cream you want. However, make a rule that whenever you want ice cream, after you dish it out you have to let it sit on the counter for 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes, add a tablespoon of salt and enjoy! Try this and let me know how it goes. Big grin
                            Wouldn't that be cream instead of ICE cream?
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! Throw an ice cube in it and you're all set! Seriously, though, just remember the "100 calories per mile" rule when you scoop out that dish... knowing that a "normal" dish is about 2 cups... which is 4 "servings" of 1/2 cup.... and an average "serving" of ice cream's going to run you around 120 calories... means that you need to add in another 4-5 mile run for ever dish of ice cream, just to keep even. There's my motivation for skipping the ice cream...

Ok, so "lay off the icecream, fat girl" would be the theme here!!! I passed on it tonight while my husband had a dish. It was tough, I broke out in a sweat & started to shake uncontrollably, but I think I'll be all right...