Need some suggestions (Read 89 times)

hale1114

I need a monitor when I run that tracks:

HR

cadence - and one that measures each foot strike, not averages out over the distance of the run.

distance (accurately)

If a chest strap doesn't measure the cadence right, then I need one that is compatible with a foot pod.  I've been looking at Garmins but they're so expensive.   Suggestions?

an amazing likeness

Garmin Forerunner 235.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

GinnyinPA

The Garmin 35 has both wrist HR monitor and cadence counter. I have no idea how accurate they are. Probably less so than a chest strap and footpod, but enough for my purposes.

runmichigan

The Garmin 35 has both wrist HR monitor and cadence counter. I have no idea how accurate they are. Probably less so than a chest strap and footpod, but enough for my purposes.

I do not have experience directly with the Garmin 35, but most Garmin models do allow you to synch your footpod (Garmin).

Cadence is measured using accelerometers in the watch which are reasonably accurate as long as you have a stable arm swing.  The footpod is more accurate in measuring cadence since it is on your foot.

The accuracy of the wrist HR monitor can vary depending on who you ask.  I personally find it to be about 95% as accurate as the chest strap and a lot more convenient than dealing with a chest strap.

The main thing the Garmin 35 does not do, as far as I can tell, is allow you to program/download custom workouts. Not important to some people, but if you are interested in HR and cadence, I'm guessing it might be to you. That would put you back to the 235.

Dave

I'm happy with my Polar M430, it does all that.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I have the Garmin forerunner 25, with the chest strap, plenty happy with it!

the 35...has the wrist monitor and you can link the chest strap...I almost wish I got that model.

this site

https://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MzkBRAGEiwAkOXexId2ubczEX7g2loOckn8YRISXPhJp8AioRa0pgUyS_G0KLluULdhABoC7QYQAvD_BwE

has some of the best prices I've found.

Mine seems to measure cadence quite accurately, although it's tracked when you upload your run....there's not a screen on the watch where you can follow your cadence at that moment....maybe the 35's have that?? I do not know.

quite certain the cadence is measure by the watch....accelerometer. no foot pod needed.

300m- 37 sec.