Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon (Read 108 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just curious if anybody else is running this race, I have yet to meet another forumite so it would be cool if I did. No plans of PRing this race as I will probably still be recovering from the Half this Saturday, but I don't plan on being slow either.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Feeling the growl again

I'm local but won't be running or able to attend.  I know some are but I won't speak for them.  Smile  Best of luck with your race, it's a fast course.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well, I'm registered. At this point I have no idea if I'll show up or not.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wanted to do it last year, but after the same race I am running this Saturday (but last year) I was having to deal with an injury so I didn't get too. I am hoping all goes great this Saturday and I can run the Indy Half with no injuries.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Feeling the growl again

Well, I'm registered. At this point I have no idea if I'll show up or not.

Well now you have to or we will give you crap.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+1

PRs

doctorjen

I'll be there, but I'm running the full. I'll be in a giant hurry to get out of there after the race (2:30 flight), but I'll be around some before.

MTA:  spaniel, thanks so much for your parking/driving advice on my other thread - hopefully it'll all work out!

perryw

I'll be there for the half!  I ran in 2010 and 2012 and volunteered in 2011.  It's my goal race for the Running Wizard plan I've been following.  Would be nice to PR, but I'm not so confident in that right now.

For driving in, be aware that the highway right downtown is partially closed for construction.  It closed Sept 3 and is supposed to take 59 days, so a day or two slip will mean you may not be able to take the highway route you planned (I like to come in on West Street, but take 70 from the east side).  http://www.in.gov/indot/3154.htm

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We've got reservations at the Hilton Hotel off Market St I think, just being Liberty Square and a block or so from the start/finish. I wanted to make sure that everything for the race was a pretty much within 10-15 minute walking distance. We'll be leaving Sunday afternoon, so after the race we'll head back to the hotel, relax and then once the craziness has died down we'll take Dorian to the museum and zoo and stuff.

PRs

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

My running has gone from bad to awful to non-existent. I have a race this weekend that I will probably just jog. The Monumental Half was supposed to be a goal race, but that won't be happening. Oh well.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I won't make it to the Monumental Half, but I have been debating running the 500 Festival Mini Marathon next spring. It is two days before my birthday. Big grin  Like you, I have never met anyone from RA, but I do think it would be fun.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, the IMH is the weekend of my birthday (11-03) so it's pretty exciting, I wanted to train for the full so I could run 26.2 miles on the weekend I turn 26 years old but I am glad I didn't try to train for a full this year. Maybe my first full will be in 2015, but first I want to get my HM time under 2 hours before I start worrying about a full marathon.

I won't make it to the Monumental Half, but I have been debating running the 500 Festival Mini Marathon next spring. It is two days before my birthday. Big grin  Like you, I have never met anyone from RA, but I do think it would be fun.

PRs

doctorjen

I've run the Indy Mini twice and enjoyed it.  It's a giant race, FYI.  Biggest half in north America I believe, with 35,000 runners.  I've found it to be well organized and put on, though.  Unlike other big races, they also offer bib transfer, so it's possible to re-assign your bib if you sign up and can't run it.  If you are a slower runner (and I was, the 2 times I've run it) you'll cross the start long after the original start time, but it keeps people spread out a little better.  Running on the speedway is fun, and there's a lot of bands and cheer groups along the way if you enjoy that kind of thing.   I'll always have a soft spot for it since it was my very first half ever.

MM #7877

I signed up to run the Monumental Marathon.  Ran the Columbus Marathon on Sunday, and felt so good afterwards, I signed up later that day for the Monumental Marathon.

Philippians 4:13.