New Member & coolrunning.com Refugee (Read 787 times)

jorgecrespo

Hello there. So i've just arrived, and am still exploring the site, trying to feel myself cozy. I guess i'm not the only one who used to spend time at "cool running". Can anyone explain me what happened?? I stopped going there for a while, and then, one day, as i was trying to catch up with my reading, everyone had went out. Now i've arrived here after listening to steve runner's podcast episode about "free online training logs". A little about me: Male, 26 years old (going on 27 this month), born, raised and living in Lisbon, Portugal. Running for 2 years now, and with 2 half-marys on my resumée (some hand-fulls of 5k and 10ks too), and on my way to my first full-marathon, this December, in my hometown. Got a couple of interesting stories about me and my running, but i'll save them for later. For now i just wanted to say "hi", and to check if any of you was actually reading and replying to this. As i've said, i'm still "checking out the place", but i guess i'm gonna grab my things and move here....

Cause I CAN

Welcome! I agree with bugs, this place blows CR out of the water....
      Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
      http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
      patora

I just joined here last week after not being able to put up with the cumbersome navigation at CR anymore... I am looking forward to asking questions from time to time and enjoying the threads from people who ask questions I should have asked and many more who are WAY more experienced than me! Big grin Sorry for the long self intro, but I wanna say hi! Cool I'm running for fitness and weightloss and close enough to my goal to be getting more frustrated at the slow pace. I've lost 88 pounds so far and have another 33 to go. I'm hoping this summer is the breaking point where I'll enter my healthy weight range! Tongue I also want to run the Tokyo Marathon next year (I didn't make the lottery this year) and run a 4 hour marathon. At my current pacing I'm set for a 5 hour marathon, so I'm hoping wieghtloss and increased fitness in a year with 1+ years of base should give me a good first marathon experience. I want to do a half marathon in May at Lake Toya and use that for pacing! I started running a little over a year ago because I got disgusted with how fat I was, how I was getting winded and tired when old people would pass me going up an incline, and how it was not magically changing for me as I got older. I never thought I could run, but now I really enjoy it and look forward to it everyday! I can't wait until the snow clears and I can get back outside!!!! My current run is 14 km, 5 or 6 times a week, 8.1-8.6km/m pace and maybe 1 long run a month (last month it was 28km). I get between 43 and 52 mpw. I figure with my daily run being 1/3 of a marathon, I should be in decent shape with a good base for the marathon come next Feb. Hello everyone!!! BTW, so far I've really enjoyed the music recommendation thread here! Mos def. Big grin