Question..about mileage. (Read 774 times)

Double IPA Please!

Well not really mileage per say. Im gonna do another 8 or 9 miles tomorrow then take off Monday. I wanted this next upcoming week to be somewhat of a cut-back week..I'm not sure how many miles I should cap off at? Also the following week do I pick off where I left off at? 33 miles and then climb again?kwim? My racing plans are 1 definate Half in Sept..I have another one scheduled for November but I am contemplating possibly doing Steamtown instead. Which I would have to have my mind made up in the next week so I can commit to a training plan. Otherwise I will just peak at 40 for the summer and focus on speedwork closer to the Half in September. mta- blah blah blah cut back mileage varies- 25-30% blah blah blah.. Clowning aroundHowever, the anal retentive part of me wonder if the following week I can just pick up at 34 miles or whatever and then climb again for the next 4 weeks- wash, rinse and repeat..

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Denise, I did exactly what you're describing. I was up to 35 miles per week when I got achilles tendonitis. So be careful! I'm still not sure what I did wrong, but I've been out of commission for 3 weeks. Just starting back, for two one-mile runs this week. Up to two miles on Monday, I hope.

Double IPA Please!

Thanks Teresa!! I think what I might do is take off today (Forego my scheduled long run) and then also take tomorrow off as well..then start back up on Tuesday- I am thinking a solid 2 days off will be good for me.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)