Importing GARMIN (Read 69 times)

Altair5

Runs in the rain

I've fallen way behind in manually logging my runs into my Training Log, so I just set it up this week to import the data from my Garmin. RA seems to have now imported all the runs back to July 21st. Is there a way to import the rest of the runs I've done between Oct 23rd and July 21st that have not been manually entered ? I also got this message shown below and I'm not sure what I need to do. Some files were imported so it must be working for the newer run data at least. Perhaps I can only import a limited number of runs in at a time? I'm not very technically competent and I could use advice.

"The importer accepts files in their native or ZIP compressed formats. Please consider ZIP'ing your files to reduce upload time.
    Data source:
    Garmin Training Center (tcx)
    The Training Center file must be ZIP'ed (compressed) due to its large size. The importer will not accept a plain TCX file."

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
    Get up, get out, get out of the door!

an amazing likeness

When you first setup the integration between RA & Garmin Connect (GC) -- Garmin sends over the last 30 days (+/-) of workouts, so that's why you got the batch back to July 21.

There is no simple way to pull a batch of Activities from GC to fill in the batch you're missing from Oct 23 -> July 21.

(there is a kludge-ee way, which I'll describe below...)

You don't need to do anything in response the dialog box you are asking about which is the RA Imported Workouts page  -- that only applies if you are uploading workout data files manually.

Going forward, when you complete a workout and your device sync's with GC, the workout will appear here on RA and you'll get a notice in the little inbox icon in the menu bar -- right above Community in the site menu.  Click on it, then your workout will be sitting waiting for you to edit and save it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Thanks Milktruck! Glad I don't have to worry about new GC data and  I'll manually enter the October through July runs if there is no simple way to upload them.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
        Get up, get out, get out of the door!