so...how are your holidays going so far? (Read 435 times)

aponi

never runs the tangents

mixed for me

My parents came to my house for an early Christmas. Can I just say that when they got here apparently they had been having some sort of domestic dispute in the car so they were a bit grumpy walking in the door. THEN oh yea after DH and I had spent the whole friggen day cooking, cleaning, and making sure they would be comfortable they showed up and told me they stopped for dinner at a fast food place on the way here.

One down one to go but at least DH's family lives in town so no overnight stays are required.

We're not just sure if the drug addict step-brother is going to show up or not.

true story

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Well.....my husband has some yucky respiratory stuff. He went to the doctor yesterday and got a shot and Z-pack. He needs to be well NOW, because he's scheduled for surgery Wednesday.

Our Christmas Eve get-together with the inlaws has been cancelled because MIL is also sick.

My mom is now in a nursing home with dementia....last year at Christmas she was ok, so this year is difficult.

We do have our Les Mis tickets purchased for Christmas Day, and we're planning to enjoy a nice day with our kids.

Happy Holidays to all!

MTA: There's a drug addict brother in dh's family too. Makes for some interesting get-togethers!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DH has some butthurt issues over having to pick up the slack for me with my FUBARd arm (he waits until the 23rd to do some local shopping--not my problem, man!  You've had nearly a month to plan for my obsolescence and I still did at least 80% of the shopping from my desk).  Our adorable neighbor really struggles with her weight and is diabetic, so she makes treats for others, but does not eat them herself.  DH bought her a ginormous box of cordial cherries, instead of something thoughtful and inedible.  He also had no clue how to put up our 10+ year old fakey tree. *headslap*

I spared him the most time-consuming duty -- annual letters/cards.

On the bright side, I think he now understands why the holidays make me so stressed.  Every year his only responsibility is wrapping things (because I am horrible at it, even without an arm in a long-arm cast).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

One more day to face holiday shoppers, but after Christmas I still have to deal with all the returns and exchanges. It'll be another week or two before life begins to resemble normalcy. Aside from leaving me exhausted and juggling my running schedule around odd shifts, it hasn't been too bad. Very, very few difficult customers to deal with.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

The week before X-Mess I had a lousy cold.

and hacked out my lungs continueously.

On saturday before X-Mess I'm in dental pain and praying for

to get a Monday office visit.

On Monday before X-Mess I'm still in dental pain and waiting for the hour of business to call.

Any bets they are closed through the new year?......

As for Christmas day I get to drive my 85 year old Mother to my Cousin's home up country in rural MS.

I'm half expecting to see young pumkin head sittin in the neighbor's yard playing  the dualing banjo's bit from Deliverance.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

They're okay, but with school it is like, finals, finals, pack, come home, Christmas, leave again. Then I look back, cause it all went so fast, and I'm like, what just happened?

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(

aponi

never runs the tangents

I scored the pasta attachment for my mixer that I wanted. I'm off work today and its raining like crazy so I'm totally planning to make a huge mess of the kitchen with it later. Funny thing, apparently DH ordered this even though there is a Wiliams Sonoma about 3 miles from the house. I know this because it was wrapped and then when I opened the box the attachment was in a box clearly wrapped by the kids at Williams Sonoma. He was completley surprised that it was already wrapped. He's going to be even more surprised if I manage to actually make pasta with it. Thankfully there is youtube.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

xor

That describes mine as well.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That describes mine as well.

Here's hoping you have every reason for a belated holiday celebration tomorrow.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Thanks, although that wasn't intended as a vaguebook.  It was a very dry punctuation joke.

"..." is an ellipsis.  Sort of used as a "my thought doesn't end here" continuation character.

My holidays?  Eh, they're still happening.  They continue, some good some not as good, so so, but they continue.  The upcoming weekend and New Years will be good.