Miracle: Garmin 205 Sound Returns (Read 776 times)

Dunottar

Haven't been to this site in a while, but thought I pop in to relate the following:

About 2 years ago, the sound disappeared from my Garmin 205. This is a problem that I had heard and read  about many others having, yet never found a successful solution to. A couple of weeks ago, while logging a run, I turned the thing on and heard a beep. Then silence. Same thing happened the next day,...with a couple of more beeps. Since that time, the sound has progressively coem back to the point where, now, every time I press a button and every time I reach a distance or time 'alert', there is a complete, full-volume "BEEP".

I did nothing during this time to correct the problem. I can't explain. It's a 'miracle', but I'll take it.

Just thought I'd pass on this bit of hope for those who have lost the sound on their Garmin 205/305's.

I'm glad there's hope! Mine disappeared a month or so ago and hasn't returned yet....  Hoping for a miracle!

Haven't been to this site in a while, but thought I pop in to relate the following:

About 2 years ago, the sound disappeared from my Garmin 205. This is a problem that I had heard and read  about many others having, yet never found a successful solution to. A couple of weeks ago, while logging a run, I turned the thing on and heard a beep. Then silence. Same thing happened the next day,...with a couple of more beeps. Since that time, the sound has progressively coem back to the point where, now, every time I press a button and every time I reach a distance or time 'alert', there is a complete, full-volume "BEEP".

I did nothing during this time to correct the problem. I can't explain. It's a 'miracle', but I'll take it.

Just thought I'd pass on this bit of hope for those who have lost the sound on their Garmin 205/305's.

Strange, the sound on my 305 stopped working about 13 months ago when I wiped out on a bike and me and the watch slammed into the ground. Just this past week, the sound started to come back too.

I haven't tried to race a bike since.