Duplicate entries occurring when updating via the Calendar (Read 84 times)

half-fast

Hi Eric - I tried to enter a couple of workouts this morning via the Calendar (one bike, one run).  Both times when I entered them, a duplicate of the entry was created on the same day.  I haven't tried any other method.

Justin

half-fast

I have since added a bike on last Sunday, and three runs (one for last Saturday, last Wednesday and today).  The runs on last Wednesday and today both duplicated.  I left the duplicates in this time in case that helps figure out what is going on.

eric :)

Hi Justin,

I think the problem might be browser specific.  What browser and operating system are you using?

eric Smile

half-fast

Hi Eric - It's Windows 8.1.  IE 11.0.9600.17842.

jeffdonahue

I am entering my entries on the New Run Entry page and the last couple I have entered have duplicated themselves as well.

I am using Windows 7 and IE10

kcam

So people are reporting that GC has pushed a bunch of their workouts to RA.

When I first set up the integration the first run I did uploaded to GC and pushed within 15 minutes to RA - great!  And then the next 5 also did that.  So it was working perfectly for me.  Now, this morning all of a sudden I have 6 workouts pushed to my RA account waiting to be 'saved'.  They are the same ones that GC had pushed individually as I did them and I've already saved over the last few days.  Leads me to believe that GC did some kind of change and pushed everyone's data again.  Anyone else experience this?

sorry to 'jack this thread, meant to post on the "Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working" thread.  Ignore please.

I am entering my entries on the New Run Entry page and the last couple I have entered have duplicated themselves as well.

I am using Windows 7 and IE10

I was able to reproduce the problem on the production servers but not on my dev machine.  I have an inkling of the cause, and will continue to attempt to reproduce it.

Efes

@kencamet, experinced exactely the same. Got 72 entries pushed and they all excist in RA in advance.

Cheers,

Efes

half-fast

No duplicates today

Hey, I've been getting double/duplicate entries each time I log.  It happens for any kind of workout (i.e. running, weights, biking, etc.)  Using IE 11.0.19

It is weird and didn't start happening until several days ago.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Hi all,

The update from a week ago contains a change to use a different type of button, which provides a more consistent appearance across all pages.  Unfortunately, the button uses JavaScript to post back to the server, which did not work consistently due to interactions/interference with other JavaScripts.  As a result, it caused all sorts of weird problems such as:

- not saving course maps

- double workout entries

- cannot create new forum posts

I switched the buttons back and did my best to keep the appearance the same.  This change should fix all of these problems.  Please let me know if something is not behaving correctly because it is likely that a few buttons might not have converted properly.

eric Smile

The problem is fixed for me. Thanks, Eric!!

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt