Which Wireless Sports Headphones Should I Buy? (Read 459 times)

Saveme1856

link spam
    dwightdagreat

spam
      Marky_Mark_17

Apologies if I'm a bit late here but I have a LOT of experience of which sports headphones are actually sweatproof, unfortunately learned the hard way in many cases.

I really liked the Monster iSport Victory - wired headphone but great sound, comfortable fit, and my pair still sounded fantastic after accidentally going through the washing machine not once but twice (after they had time to dry out).  So no questioning the sweatproofness of those!

Sennheiser made some nice-sounding headphones in conjunction with Adidas but they are not very durable.  Sweat will tend to bust the in-line remote quite fast.

I've tried Jaybird but personally wasn't a huge fan, no real reason other than I found the audio to be a bit muted.

I've recently gotten a pair of 66 Audio BTS Pro's.  Very impressed with these - great sound, definitely sweatproof and waterproof, although I'd suggest trying them on first as there is not a huge amount of flexibility in terms of the fit.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Jenny Dio

Hi Guys,

Could you give me some advice on what brand of wireless sports headphones I should get? Obviously they should be comfy, be sweat-proof and have decent sound.

There doesn't seem to be loads of reviews for any one kind, so thought I'd check here.

I'm really indecisive and quite sceptical with sports products - what's the best way of deciding what's worth actually buying? Where they're sold, if they're recommended by athletes, if they're a popular brand, etc.

I am very much loved  the Jaybird X3 they are truly made for running and sports purpose they have sweat friendly and ear compatible when your are doing your sports activity. If i talking about the quality than they are ultimate made for best audio sound with small pannel of three buttons.

mattw4jc

For those using the Plantronics BackBeat Fit... does it bounce around in the back? I currently have Yurbuds Leap Wireless that have a soft / flexible wire between the ear pieces I tend to tuck that into my hat or headband so it doesn't bounce against the back of my neck. It seems to me the plastic wire encasing would bounce also. Maybe not so much that it hits anything, but possibly enough to dislodge them from my ears.

Or perhaps, and question number two, the width is such that they don't move? But does that squeeze your head?

I have an older pair of these that I use at work (not for running). I can only wear them so long before I can feel them digging in above my ears. I do use the Yurbuds for running, but they have issues such as going from overnight charge to "Battery Low" warning after 90 minutes of running.

Thanks.

Sunflower747

I love the plantronics backbeat fit.  It doesn't bounce around for me and I never even notice them.   It also doesn't squeeze my head.  I wore them for my marathon and it lasted the entire 4 hours.  They were basically dead though by the time I finished.  They are a couple years old so maybe lasted slightly longer than that initially, not sure.

For those using the Plantronics BackBeat Fit... does it bounce around in the back? I currently have Yurbuds Leap Wireless that have a soft / flexible wire between the ear pieces I tend to tuck that into my hat or headband so it doesn't bounce against the back of my neck. It seems to me the plastic wire encasing would bounce also. Maybe not so much that it hits anything, but possibly enough to dislodge them from my ears.

Or perhaps, and question number two, the width is such that they don't move? But does that squeeze your head?

I have an older pair of these that I use at work (not for running). I can only wear them so long before I can feel them digging in above my ears. I do use the Yurbuds for running, but they have issues such as going from overnight charge to "Battery Low" warning after 90 minutes of running.

Thanks.

Seattle prattle

I recently picked up a pair of the Jaybirds x3 and like them, but have never run with them simply because i don't fancy running with my cell phone. Fact is, a shuffle is simplicity and compaction perfected. The fact that it needs a wired earbud is offset by its ease of use and versatility. Call me a Luddite, but there i said it.

kkittenkat

English Villian

I like Betron. Don't know if they're in the states though.