I met Sarah Reinertsen today... (Read 1374 times)

protoplasm72

She was biking on my local trail this afternoon. She is in town for the Chicago triathlon. I passed her going in the opposite direction and I had to stop and turn around. I talked to her for a few minutes but I really didn't know what to say. I've seriously looked up to her since I first heard about her attempts at the ironman. She's actually one of the reasons I started working out in the first place so it was really cool to get to meet her.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

xor

How cool! She's a nice person. Met her in Kona twice. It always bugs me that outside of the running and tri communities, people know her more as "that chick from Amazing Race with the leg and the straaaaaange boyfriend". That dude really was odd, though. And at least in the edits they used for the show, they didn't come across as a romantic couple, like, at all.

Imminent Catastrophe

I met her at SF Marathon a couple years ago. I heart Sarah.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

urbywann

Funny I have no idea who she is.
          xor

That's clearly a photoshopped picture. They added the scoop! (I kid. Sort of. She *is* totally airbrushed in that shot, though. She looks a little like one of the bad robots in the Will Smith version of I, Robot)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016