Looking for Trail Racing Resources (Read 534 times)

UpNorth

I'm interested in trying my hand at an off-road race this year but I'm having trouble finding local races. I'm in Southern Maine close to the NH border. Any good places to look? Or any races you can suggest?

The Bradbury Bruiser 12 Miler is going to be pushed up to before the leaves fall this year, and will be joined by a 6 and 9 mile races in the months leading up to it. There's a 25k/50k/50 miler at Pineland Farms on Memorial Day weekend. All of those races will be put on by your local trail monsters. There are quite a few New England trail races - I ran the Pisgah 50k in NH last September and plan on running the 23k this year. There's a 50k in Topsham MA this weekend (the fat ass 50k) that is a loop course so you can make a shorter run of it if you want. Here's some recommended resources: 1. Trail Running 101 (includes some links at the bottom for finding trail races and other resources) 2. Trail Monster Running - Ian's blog which will contain info about upcoming races - he is the race director for the Pineland and Bradbury races.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

UpNorth

Perfect! Thanks

My sweet new crank!

If you can pick up this months issue of trail runner magazine it has a very good race calendar in it...also a good resource for trail info, reports and training.
          Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO