What's the worst race shirt you've received? (Read 840 times)

This years Myrtle Beach Marathon shirt was absolutely terrible...so ugly that words don't do it justice, but I'll try. It was a technical shirt, but not the good kind...it was the nipple shreading kind. It was 1/2 zip, short sleeved, and had a mock neck. Now, I don't mind 1/2 zip shirts, nor mock necks...however not together on short sleeves. The logo on the front looked like the race director ironed it on the morning of the expo. I think the back had all 1,225 sponsor listed in white lettering, as best that I can remember. The shirt has sunk so deep into the bottom of the drawer since February that it probably not see light for quite some time. I need to try to get the rest of the guys who ran the race to wear the shirts on one of our group runs all at the same time - make it an annual event - the ugly shirt run!

Was it all a dream?

Dare I say it? My Marine Corps Marathon (2006) shirt. It's gold, with that red logo on it, and the mock neck. It is of reasonable quality which makes me sad, but not only is it heinous, it is HUGE (even though it's a small). I loathe that thing. That picture makes that shade of yellow look a lot nicer than it is, too.
      I'll second this. I don't think I've ever worn it.
      Jill_B

I fly.

The 5k that I ran a few weeks back is the worst shirt ever. They put sponsors all over it, including the front, so you don't even see that it's a race shirt and it's a funky cut T-shirt (or just the cheapest of the cheap t-shirt) so it's got almost a turtle neck going for it. But it was for charity and they did have my small -- they did not have my kids' sizes for my two kids so they just didn't give me any shirt so for them. Since the shirt is so terrible I didn't complain. Smile

Bring it on.