Small Business Accounting/Invoicing Software: Recs, Please (Read 92 times)

I recently launched my own business (sole proprietorship for now, may form an LLC later). I need to get some sort of accounting and billing software. Figure on ~20 clients to start, and hopefully that'll only grow over time. Cash flow is small-time at this point, so price is a factor. Any recommendations?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

Everyone we work uses QuickBooks.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slo

Quickbooks seems to be the "industry standard".

Easy, affordable

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I used QuickBooks when I was working as an independent contractor. Many of our clients when I worked as a bookkeeper also used QuickBooks. It is a big help in setting up your accounts if you know a little bookkeeping and accounting to begin with.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sweet, thanks! I'm gonna check out their QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Recommend QuickBooks, but GnuCash is free, powerful and easy if you know double-entry bookkeeping (as if there's any other form of book-keeping).  But it doesn't look sexy.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

QuickBooks (much as I don't like it) ... makes it easy for my accountant to help me (and THAT I do like!)

Liz

pace sera, sera

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

QuickBooks (much as I don't like it) ... makes it easy for my accountant to help me (and THAT I do like!)

+1. As much as I don't really like QB it is very universal  which proves very beneficial

You people have issues