Twitter Integration - Use this Greasemonkey Script to post your workouts to Twitter! (Read 1208 times)

rossruns

Hi All,

As promised, I finished up my Greasemonkey script that adds a "Tweet" button to each individual workout page that will post the workout details to Twitter (you get a popup box where you can edit the contents of the tweet before posting).  

If you already have Greasemonkey for Firefox installed or have a browser that handles scripts natively (i.e. Google Chrome), you can look at and install the script here.  (Sorry, I do not know of a way to get Greasemonkey to work for Internet Explorer users.)

The actual mechanics of use should be straightforward - when you're on a workout page, you'll see a "Tweet" button added.  Click it and if you're logged in to Twitter already, it'll give you a tweet box with your workout details and let you edit the text before you post it to Twitter.  (If you're not logged in, Twitter's "Tweet" button takes you to their site to log in, and then lets you tweet your workout after that.)

I'm sure at some point in the future Eric will make this all obsolete by integrating Twitter into the Workouts pages directly - until that time, though, have fun sharing your workout with all your Twitter followers!

(If you have any questions/suggestions please send me a message through the forum's message functionality, or email me at rossruns@gmail.com .)

Thank you for this

xor

I'm still not getting twitter well enough to know why I'd want to tweet my workouts out to folks.

But that's just me.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm still not getting twitter well enough to know why I'd want to tweet my workouts out to folks.

But that's just me.

People everywhere want to stalk you, SRL.  The least you can do is cooperate.

xor

"Today Robert Lopez weighs 139 pounds.  #giantpoop"

Been waiting for this for a while now!  Thanks Ross!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"Today Robert Lopez weighs 139 pounds.  #giantpoop"

Never mind.