"upload data from file" request (Read 87 times)

stevetursi

I often need to upload several workouts at once.

Can we get the ability to select multiple files

(<input type="file" name="img" multiple>Wink

Or - 

At least have the form available on the default result page after submitting a file?

(When I click submit, it displays success - and to get the form back, I have to click to somewhere else and back.)

Thanks!

an amazing likeness

If you put the multiple files into a ZIP archive, and upload the ZIP -- the RA importer will parse through the ZIP and import all the included files.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

If you put the multiple files into a ZIP archive, and upload the ZIP -- the RA importer will parse through the ZIP and import all the included files.

Yes, but ...

Liz

pace sera, sera

stevetursi

Zip files. That's interesting and impressive.

Much more impressive than putting another upload form on the submit page, which should be pretty easy to do.

In a world where there's both zip files and a separate upload for each workout (I rarely have more than 2 or 3), I would just do the uploads separately. But having another upload form there on the submit page would save me a step.

Probably a bit more difficult to support "multiple" on the backend (trivially easy on the UI). But that would be ideal - do it all at once without having to zip the files.

an amazing likeness

Yes, but ...

Ooops...did I miss the question intent?  If so...hopefully the OP will ignore the gibberish. My intent was to illuminate an existing option which is close if it would help.

On the other hand, I think it's somewhat close....you have 15 files to upload:  select them, right click, select add to ZIP. Upload the ZIP to RA, and it's a 1-file upload.  Not exactly a multiple file select option, but it exists and is easier than executing 15 individual workout uploads.

mta:  Yep -- the zip use case doesn't make much sense with just a few files. Excuse the diversion.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Lol. I have no idea whether you missed the OPs intent.

But MINE...   If I'm uploading files directly from my watch (as a USB drive), it'd be great to be able to upload multiple files in one pass, as most days my run has several components.

Heck, until the other day, I only entered my runs manually.

It'd be nice to have the multiple file upload (without the step of zipping). You know, given the whole Garmin sync issue.

Or, perhaps some atreamling of the sync process as Steve requested.

Liz

pace sera, sera

kcam

I often need to upload several workouts at once.

Can we get the ability to select multiple files

(<input type="file" name="img" multiple>Wink

Or - 

At least have the form available on the default result page after submitting a file?

(When I click submit, it displays success - and to get the form back, I have to click to somewhere else and back.)

Thanks!

At least the second option ... please.  Most of my runs are broken up into three sections lately.  Annoying to have to click the mouse so much to get my data in.  My index finger get's tired.

eric :)

Hi stevetursi,

I didn't realize HTML5 allows for multiple file uploads.  I've added it.  Please give it a whirl.

eric Smile

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Works for me.

Thanks, Eric!

Liz

pace sera, sera

stevetursi

That is sooo awesome, eric.

Thanks.

runmichigan

Super! - I am able to upload multiple files at once.

One minor nit with doing the file upload - when I do my first file upload it takes me to the "processing message page" and stays there.  I have to click again on the file upload to see which files have been uploaded and are waiting for me to save them.  On all additional file uploads in the same session, I am taken straight to page showing me what files have been uploaded.  Minor issue that might be connected to the page refresh in Google Chrome.