National Novel Writing Month (Read 418 times)

So, I did National Novel Writing Month last year.  I was super excited about it, and it was one of the best experiences of my entire life.  I was on the fence about doing it this year, too, but thought that I might not--after all, my first marathon is on Sunday (11/6), and I have two other races this month (a 10K trail race the week after my marathon, because I'm dumb, and a turkey trot five miler).  Doing a few trail races in December, too.

Anyway, my point is that I haven't been a runner since high school, and I was being a wimp--not committing to NaNoWriMo because of the new time commitment to running.  Then four of my friends signed up to do it this year after hearing me rant about how great it was.

And a bunch of my students.

And the excitement drew me in.  Stayed up late last night to get my first 1,700 words in before bed.  I'm going to love every sleep-deprived minute of it--though, last night notwithstanding, I'm enforcing a bed time for myself until I'm through with the marathon.

Anyone else crazy enough to be doing NaNoWriMo?  If you are, I'm ryangilbert on that site.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

jeffdonahue

Did it last year, but not this year.  I kind of forgot about it and didnt have any time to prepare for it, plus work is just insane nowadays so getting in writing at lunch just isnt going to happen on the scale it would need to to get to 50,000 words.

maybe next year.  Best of luck in both endeavors though.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

DW and DD have done it for several years now.  They love it.  Crazy people.  Who would dedicate so much time to a silly activity like that?

Gotta go run now.

I'm inspired!

It was a dark and stormy night...

MTA: stuck at 7 words.  Drat!

Seanv2

I'm giving it a shot. I'm more interested in using it to kick start a project I've been thinking about for a while then in actually finishing the challenge, but we'll see what happens. I'm seanv2 on there as well.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

I'm giving it a shot. I'm more interested in using it to kick start a project I've been thinking about for a while then in actually finishing the challenge, but we'll see what happens. I'm seanv2 on there as well.

Whoops, thought this was the 3:30 thread. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm inspired!

It was a dark and stormy night...

MTA: stuck at 7 words.  Drat!

Wrong endeavor.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Seanv2

Whoops, thought this was the 3:30 thread. 

Hilarious.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com