RunningAHEAD iPhone App (RunForth) - now available (Read 722 times)

I don't run with my phone so I can't evaluate that functionality.  But I do travel quite a bit and when I do I am often logging my runs onto RA through my phone.  Eric Smile has done a great job of making the website mobile-friendly as it is, but I do find the app to be much easier to enter runs on through an iPhone.  Since my work device is an iPhone this works out well for me, even though I personally prefer Android.

Great job on the app.

Yes, super easy to enter runs on RunForth.   Been working well for a few months now.  Thanks!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BillO

Any idea why the app crashes every time I try to enter a run manually?

Seems to work except when I want to choose my "equipment" and the app just disappears and I go back to my home screen.

Same thing happens to me :/

Any idea why the app crashes every time I try to enter a run manually?

Seems to work except when I want to choose my "equipment" and the app just disappears and I go back to my home screen.

sluggo

John

I *really* like the way this app uploads data into RA without my assistance. I like it so much, I've retired my Garmin for training runs.

I don't know about the issues of uploading data manually. If I need a manual upload, I add it to RA. RunForth may suck the training data up from RA. As I recall, when I first started using RunForth, it grabbed, it old data from RA,

I am pretty sure that RunForth grabbed my equipment (shoe) list from RA. I have not, however been able to retire old shoes from RunForth and RunForth has not populated my shoe info RA. Maybe I can fix this by retiring gear on RA (which I have done) and hard resetting RunForth. I have not tried that.

It is a really great app with some room to improve.

John
          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

goat runner

I also like the RunForth app.  I use it for auto and manual entries.  Manual entries work as long as you do not try to enter something in the equipment field.  Originally this feature did work.  It has probably been acting up for about 2 months.

Agree with the comments above.  The equipment field no longer works and seems to crash the app.  Everything else works great.  I enter my equipment manually when I'm back on RA.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

CClay

Better than all of you

Latest update does not fix the equipment bug.  Now the app does not record gps in the background when phone is locked.

Miss seeing the graphs and weekly totals in the new app Sad

Lauriruns

I had to dig up my ancient laptop to put my eeekly graph back in...new dilemma is I'm having trouble setting my pace bunny as I've already completed a race.

Is is anyone else having issues using an iPhone/iPad?