service interruption status (6/19) (Read 1046 times)

eric :)

Hi everyone, My service provider had another round of denial of service attack on 6/19 @ 11 PM Eastern Time (6/20 3 AM GMT). It lasted for about 10 hours. Here's a brief description of what a denial of service attack is, for those that don't know but are interested. A denial of service (or DoS) is created by an attacker to prevent legitimate users from using that service, in your case, you can't get to your running log. There are many different ways of doing this, with varying degree of seriousness, from flooding the server with connection requests, to bringing the server down, to deleting all the data. In this particular incident, the attacker flooded the firewall, so no one can reach the servers that this firewall protects. Since the attack was on the firewall, the server hosting this site was not in danger, and your data was not affected. If you have any concerns, please let me know. eric Smile
    Josh Jacobson

I know I probably agree with most people on this log, but still I am very impressed with what you are doing for us! Many thanks!! Cool
      eric :)

Josh, Thanks for the compliments! I try my best to keep everyone informed of both the good and the bad. I know that I, as a user, will be frustrated if I don't know what's going on with a site that is hosting my running log. I doubt that this will be the last denial of service attack. If it does happen again and you can't get to your log, please know that it will only be temporary. All I ask of you is to be understanding. eric Smile
        Rudolfo3322

If you are looking for a service for backyard design with installation of concrete curbs and framing, I recommend checking out the service gazebo toronto . They offer backyard design services with the installation of elegant and durable concrete curbs and framing. Their team of professionals will help you create clear boundaries and accents in your backyard with concrete elements. This will add structure and style to your space.