What kind of active wear should I buy? (Read 83 times)

Bubbaheimer16

Looking to buy actual active wear, shirts, shorts, etc... And I was wondering if anybody had some recommendations on brands or specific items to buy and why!

Thank you and happy running!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Technical wool.  "Icebreaker" in particular.  Expensive and well worth it . . . unless you like Perma-stank, then get something polyester.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

dcowboys31

For inexpensive stuff try Target Champion C9 brand and Old Navy as well.

Jay

Old navy is the way to go for shirts, in my opinion.

On a budget, the Target and Walmart performance shirts aren't bad. The shorts aren't that great, though. Because performance shirts and shorts last so long, don't be afraid to spend a little extra to get something you like, especially shorts. I have shorts that have well over 1000 miles on them and they look and feel great. I like raglan sleeve shirts for running, there seems to be better movement and fit. I browse through discount stores like Ross dress for less to get my running shirts, but they don't seem to get good running shorts very often. Also, if shorts have front hand pockets, they aren't real running shorts! REI has a good selection of running shorts.

Shorts I like:

Brooks Sherpa 5", North Face "better than naked", Altra Trail.

Shirts I like:

Hind

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/hind-body-map-t-shirt-short-sleeve-for-men~p~398mm/?filterString=s~hind-running-shirt%2Fhind~b~850%2F

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Geez, you buy this stuff?  My closet is bursting at the seams with running shirts from races, and we have one race in the area that gives away a pair of shorts instead of a shirt, so I have about eight pairs of shorts as well.

Geez, you buy this stuff?  My closet is bursting at the seams with running shirts from races, and we have one race in the area that gives away a pair of shorts instead of a shirt, so I have about eight pairs of shorts as well.

Oh yeah, they gives shirts out at races. I don't do races, so I forgot. In my past experience, the stuff they give out at races is not very practical or comfortable for running. I see some give out "performance shirts" now, but they are probably of dubious quality and fit, let alone the AWFUL graphics and back covered with sponsor ads. In my opinion, mostly useless stuff that goes directly into the Goodwill box. An option for a lower entry fee and no shirt would be nice, maybe I'd do a few races if that were the case.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying