Valentine's Day (Read 679 times)

Why is it sideways?

Now that Claire and Scout7 have heated things up in here, I was wondering if any of you folks have elaborate plans for the Hallmark holiday? Besides squeezing a run in, of course.

Prophet!

no elaborate plan, we're a simple couple, nice lunch and a movie for us, and if there are waves, a surf session ... we used to go the movies quite a bit but ever since we had our boy we haven't gone so much so going to the movie is kind of a big deal for us... lunch time because it is way easier than trying to find a baby-sitter, plus we love spending our evening with the boy, usually the time he is the kookiest Smile . Oh yeah, and a tempo run in the morning for me Big grin

madness baby

Our rules: - If I'm going to receive flowers, it should be any day other than valentines day, and not within 7 days before or after. - There shalt be no roses in this house, any time of year. - No cards are exchanged. We see each other every day. - We go out to dinner when we feel like it, not on a random Wednesday when people proposals are flying and everyone's wearing red. Sorry, Hallmark. (We're of the opinion that every day is a day we should tell our loved ones how important they are to us. Smile ) But in all seriousness, hubby and I will share some champagne (a gift from the neighbors) on valentine's night. And maybe cook out steak since it just happens to be our only night together for dinner this week! Wink
        deb

Why is it sideways?

Our rules: - If I'm going to receive flowers, it should be any day other than valentines day, and not within 7 days before or after. - There shalt be no roses in this house, any time of year. - No cards are exchanged. We see each other every day. - We go out to dinner when we feel like it, not on a random Wednesday when people proposals are flying and everyone's wearing red. Sorry, Hallmark. (We're of the opinion that every day is a day we should tell our loved ones how important they are to us. Smile )
          Nice. My (sweet) wife and I are going out on Saturday to celebrate with a pleasant meal. We were getting stressed about making plans to squeeze in a weekday night out...
            We're supposedly having a Nor'easter. Maybe the lights will go out and we can dine by candlelight. But then one of my kids would probably burn down the house...

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our rules: - If I'm going to receive flowers, it should be any day other than valentines day, and not within 7 days before or after. - There shalt be no roses in this house, any time of year. - No cards are exchanged. We see each other every day. - We go out to dinner when we feel like it, not on a random Wednesday when people proposals are flying and everyone's wearing red. Sorry, Hallmark. (We're of the opinion that every day is a day we should tell our loved ones how important they are to us. Smile )
              That sounds like us! Plus today is my birthday and my hubby's is in 10 days, so V-day has always been sort of a non-holiday for us. In fact, I was just in Victoria's Secret today and noticed that at one point I was the only female in the store...which made me chuckle. I think they were more aware of the holiday than I am! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Happy birthday!
                Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Now that Claire and Scout7 have heated things up in here
                    Blush People are going to wonder what you are talking about if they haven't read 'The thread'. It sounds like Scout and I are dating. I have my driving test on the 14th February. Always the romantic. It's the gift of being a designated sober driver for John. He couldn't ask for more really. Claire xxx
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

madness baby

That sounds like us! Plus today is my birthday and my hubby's is in 10 days, so V-day has always been sort of a non-holiday for us. In fact, I was just in Victoria's Secret today and noticed that at one point I was the only female in the store...which made me chuckle. I think they were more aware of the holiday than I am!
                      Poor guys, with all the pressure. My husband never realized he had it so good with our rules, huh?
                      deb
                        I encourage everyone to donate blood this V-Day. What can be more romantic than sharing the opportunity to save a life with the person you love? (Coming from the single woman who the Red Cross says isnt cool enough to give blood.) I told a guy I dated for several years that he was only allowed to bring me flowers after I give a concert. (And I wasnt in the concert-giving business.) So he proceeded to bring "my mom" flowers when he joined us (frequently) for Friday night dinners. (He usually brought most of the food, too.) It took him about 2 years until he decided to ignore my rules and set his own, at which point he brought me flowers and balloons with my name on them for my birthday. Too bad he is in Cali now and I am not. Man, if only there were more guys like him. Wink
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Poor guys, with all the pressure. My husband never realized he had it so good with our rules, huh?
                          No joke! It's amazing how insane some women go with the high expectations. Personally I prefer little niceties as a random surprise, not because of an arbitrary date on the calender.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I encourage everyone to donate blood this V-Day. What can be more romantic than sharing the opportunity to save a life with the person you love? (Coming from the single woman who the Red Cross says isnt cool enough to give blood.) I told a guy I dated for several years that he was only allowed to bring me flowers after I give a concert. (And I wasnt in the concert-giving business.) So he proceeded to bring "my mom" flowers when he joined us (frequently) for Friday night dinners. (He usually brought most of the food, too.) It took him about 2 years until he decided to ignore my rules and set his own, at which point he brought me flowers and balloons with my name on them for my birthday. Too bad he is in Cali now and I am not. Man, if only there were more guys like him. Wink
                            You let that one get away...? On the blood donation thing...why, oh why has the Red Cross deemend my husband and I unfit to donate simply because we were in the UK during a certain window? I would think if we were carriers of "mad cow" that we would know by this time--it's been 14 years since we both returned to the States. I've got some of the best O+, universal donor blood on the planet...but I cannot donate because I spent a semester abroad. Stupid policy. So I take issue with their whining about needing blood donors when they turn away healthy people (and a LOT of people were in the UK during the random window that they have created) with no real evidence that our blood would be a risk to a recipient. I would think NOT getting blood when it is needed would be a much greater risk than the unlikely possiblity that the givee might catch a virus. k k

~ Sarah Kay

I can't even imagine going out to dinner tomorrow. That's just got to be the most unromantic thing I can think of- a million people waiting hours for tables. Being rushed out of the restaurant so they can seat the next group. Being harassed by people hawking roses for 5 bucks a pop. I actually was pretty sure I wouldn't see my boyfriend at all, but it turns out he is coming up for the night (he lives in another state). We are planning a terribly exciting night of watching movies, drinking wine, and going to bed early (sorry, but I have a spinning class at 6 the next morningSmile)
                                I got my fiance a Home Depot gift card (yes, very romantic, he will think so anyway Big grin) and a book (101 Nights of Great Sex, hehe). We are just having a nice dinner at home (which we do every night) but this will be special because I am making dessert -- angel food cake and fresh strawberries. Thursday is my regular rest day from exercise, which works out nice, we can stay up a little later on Valentines Day evening and sleep in on Thursday morning. Cool Blush
                                ---- Cynthia