If I could put 1 running related bumper sticker on my car, it would not be this one. (Read 465 times)

joescott

Although I saw it on a car today and found it mildly amusing.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Actually an attractive option.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I think that is some one taking a shot at all those stickers that are poping up that says "26.2".    Glad to know that people are proud of the fact that they are running and doing marathons but it is becoming a bit much.  Even I am getting sick of seeing them.

If a person really does run 0.0, why would they take such pride in such a thing as to throw that sticker on their car?

If it is to be funny, I understand, but in some cases, if they put it on to express their displeasure with others who do run and put circle stickers on their cars, then I don't get it.  

-  Maybe I am overthinking it.  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

It does seem strange - you would not think there are so many 26.2 stickers that people feel the need to parody them like they do with the various others which became too prevalent (e.g. "my child is an honor student", stick figures of family, and of course going back to the old "baby on board" days).

However I think I do need a temporary one of these to slap on top of the 26.2 sticker I do have, for times like right now when I actually am running 0.0 miles due to injury.

Dave

"Free Red Bird"

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It does seem strange - you would not think there are so many 26.2 stickers that people feel the need to parody them like they do with the various others which became too prevalent (e.g. "my child is an honor student", stick figures of family, and of course going back to the old "baby on board" days).

However I think I do need a temporary one of these to slap on top of the 26.2 sticker I do have, for times like right now when I actually am running 0.0 miles due to injury.

Here's a product idea for one of you entrepreneurs. A quick-print, 12-volt bumper magnet printer, so you can respond immediately to whatever is on the car you parked next to.

When you get rich, I'll take credit in the form of 25%.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Here's a product idea for one of you entrepreneurs. A quick-print, 12-volt bumper magnet printer, so you can respond immediately to whatever is on the car you parked next to.

When you get rich, I'll take credit in the form of 25%.

What about just a set of about forty bumper magnets, shaped like individual letters.  You could market them as car-refrigerator magnets. Because your car running A/C is like a mobile refrigerator.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TimoDorien

While this may be the swampiest GSP post in a while, it is more spammy than even that.
                    mab411

Proboscis Colossus

quoting spam
                      Runner100

I had a spoof one made up and stuck in on my bumper: "22.6" then underneath "I hit the wall". But it has been mistaken for a  bragging sticker by many folks or it just totally confuses them. So I tried to remove it but it wouldn't come off easily. Now it's all ripped up at the sides and looks like shit. Serves me right for being a smartass. Maybe I'll get a 0.0 one to stick over the top of it.

The "you ran a marathon, how cute" Ironman stickers.  I have respect for triathletes, but not for the ones sporting those stickers on their cars.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The "you ran a marathon, how cute" Ironman stickers.  I have respect for triathletes, but not for the ones sporting those stickers on their cars.

I don't know, that's kind of funny. Smile

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Still funny.

It's all fun and games until someone resurrects that d$!% thread again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills