Calling all runners for an online research study with a chance to win a $100 gift certificate (Read 159 times)

awinecof

Hello athletes! I am a professor in the Psychology Program at Bard College. My laboratory is seeking men and women who run as their primary form of exercise to participate in an online study about body perception (~20-30 minutes long). Everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a drawing to win one of ten $100 gift certificates to Amazon.com. To participate in the study you must be over 18. If you are male, you must be attracted to women. To participate, click the appropriate link below.

Women: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FemaleRunner63

Men: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MaleRunner63

Note: This is not spam. You can find me here: amywinecoff.strikingly.com

Joann Y

That's an interesting survey. I thought it was weird that I had to keep telling myself that I should be clicking on my "ideal body", not the body that I thought looked the best. They were often not the same. I would be curious what conclusions you are able to make from the results.

hectortrojan

I am interested in seeing results of this studies. Please let us know when results are posted.

awinecof

When the research gets published, I will post a link to the study here. Thank you for filling it out!

kilkee

runktrun

Ha, none of those models even remotely resembles my frame and size - they all have boobs and hips!  I'm boxy with enormous quads and like 15% body fat and I AM my ideal body frame. Smile

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I did the survey, and would like to comment on how women's bodies were presented in a completely unrealistic way.  They were all essentially modifications of the same Barbie-like figure with pronounced waist and breasts, just different amounts of muscle and fat.

This is silly!  Everyone knows women distance runners typically have small boobs and no hips.  Why wasn't that body type represented in the study?

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

What she said!

Ha, none of those models even remotely resembles my frame and size - they all have boobs and hips!  I'm boxy with enormous quads and like 15% body fat and I AM my ideal body frame. Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You're both hawt!