added search for existing maps and redid monthly calendar (Read 1316 times)

eric :)

Hi all, I just uploaded another batch of changes, which consist of two main features. The first is the searching of maps created by other users. The search page is located under the Tools tabs. Just type in the city and state, and/or words in the course map, and you'll get a list of runs in that area. Click on each map to view it. If you like the map, you can just click on "Use Map" to add it to your list of courses. The Google map code is also updated. The viewing of the maps are a lot faster to load and to pan around. When you view the map, a link is provided for you so that you can link to it. Geek note, the map search is a lot slower on the site than on my test machine. It is definitely due to my provider's database machine being bogged down. I doubt I can optimize the queries any further. The second change is the monthly calendar. I rewrote the entire thing to support the summary column. You'll notice an additional column to the right of the page. It will summarize your week's workouts. If you hover your cursor over your workouts, a popup will appear with additional info if the workout has extra data. If you like this feature, and would like to see more data, just tell me what you want and I'll add it. Conversely, tell me if you find the popups annoying, and I will add an option in the log preferences page so you can disable it. George: I changed the color scheme a little, and made today's cell brighter. Is this better? At first I find the yellow a bit too bright, but now that I'm used to it (or blinded by it), I think it fits in with the color scheme. eric Smile
      Hi Eric, The calendar is great. I like the fact that I can see the last week of the previous month. The popup is also great. I would just like to see the pace also. Regards, Martin Venter
      eric :)

Hi Eric, The calendar is great. I like the fact that I can see the last week of the previous month. The popup is also great. I would just like to see the pace also. Regards, Martin Venter
        Hi Martin, I'm glad that you like the new calendar. It occurred to me that it's a lot more useful to include last week of the last month than the other way around. Is that patentable? I added pace/speed for running and biking to the calendar. It was one of those things that just slipped my mind. Thanks! eric Smile
          Hi Eric, Now that was quick. Great work. Regards, Martin Venter

gimme some sugar, baby

oh wow that is pretty sweet... great job!
            George: Runner/Law Student
            www.gimme-five.com
            BigBones

Eric, What a great update. Thank you! Bones

You'll ruin your knees!

Big grin OMG, this makes it feel like Christmas...oh wait...it IS Christmas... Thanks, Eric, for all your work on this site. You are DaMAN! Merry Christmas, Lynn B Ps 119:32

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)