A snowy race this weekend (Read 493 times)

Go Pre!

Well, we raced again this weekend, same venue as last weekend but a 10k instead of an 8k (the mrs did the 5k again and almost beat her best time despite the crazy wind and cold.) It was cold, windier than I ever ran in and yes, the beautiful white stuff even fell down for a short time. I slept terrible the night before and didn't eat very well this week so I did not have great expectations. But, I ran a nice steady pace of slightly under 5minute Ks and ended up with another PR, coming in at 48:55 - 2:30 faster than my last 10k race. So that's 7 races in the last 8 weeks. No I am not addicted to this. Ok ok, yes I am.

Princess Cancer Pants

Wow, man, that's a great time--even under perfect weather, sleep, and dietary condtions! Good work, Daddyo family! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Hey, is there a 12 step program for running addicts? Shocked Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Princess Cancer Pants

Hey, is there a 12 step program for running addicts? Shocked Cool
          If lovin' runnin' is wrong, I don't wanna be right! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown