Anyone got any feedback on elastics? (Read 1081 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Been having a look around the net and think that when I havent got time to get to the gym be good to have a few things at home. So I am going to get a ball, a skipping rope, a mat, and push up bars etc. Now do any of you guys/gals have any comments about body lastics?

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Lazy idiot

That looks like what I primarily use in my strength training. Used properly, very nice product.

Tick tock

Never used such a thing, but it looks like they are fairly inexpensive, compared to how much they overcharge for some other workout things anyway. My only concern would be quickly "outgrowing" them, as it seems you are in pretty good shape, and do already work out at a gym. This might not be the case at all however, just what popped into my head. As far as home gym suggestions, two things I would highly recommend would be a pull-up bar and either some kettle bells or a sledgehammer for some creative "functional" strength workouts. Both let you hit some muscle groups you might be missing if you are using the machines at the gym. You can hit all sorts of muscle groups by using different grips and even adding a weight belt on the pull-up bar. Here is a great site by a guy who came up with a sledgehammer routine: http://www.shovelglove.com/

Lazy idiot

My only concern would be quickly "outgrowing" them, as it seems you are in pretty good shape, and do already work out at a gym. This might not be the case at all however, just what popped into my head.
          The different colors correspond to different resistances, and you can also move farther away from the attachment point to create even more resistance within the same band. I don't use these exclusively, there are still traditional weights involved in the schedule. But I think they do offer a very low cost alternative to some exercises you couldn't do without a very pricey machine. My $0.02

Tick tock

http://www.shovelglove.com/
            This guy might just be some kind of genius. The rationale for 14 minutes alone..... Shocked brilliant! (I think you'd need a kilt for this activity.)
              Teah, that guy has quite a few good ideas about keeping things simple all around. I read about his diet a while ago. Interesting stuff.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?