Anyone having issues with Garmin Connect Push Synch? (Read 100 times)

mikeymike

I am pretty sure this is a Garmin issue and not an RA issue because the run I just synched is showing up in Garmin Connect but not in Strava or RA. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or if its on my end, thanks.

'Prec!

Runners run

mikeymike

Never mind. It seems to be working, it just took a long longer than I've ever seen before.

Runners run

HermosaBoy

I am guessing I am having the same issue.  Synched to GC, but still waiting on it to hit RA...

ETA -- Whoop, there it is...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Joann Y

Three or four times over the last few weeks I've had something like this. It's always made it over eventually usually after I'd given up. Not sure what the deal is.

I can synch my Garmin at RA but not Garmin Express auto-synch. I have this problem every time Windows 8 has an update. I'll stick with RA and forget Garmin Connect.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

eric :)

Hi mikeymike,

I made several bug fixes this weekend.  It's possible that the Garmin push was made at the same time as one of the web servers was going down.  Garmin retries the push periodically.  I have plans to switch to a different load balancer, which should reduce if not eliminate the brief outages as the load balancer detects the down web server and reroutes traffic.  The other explanation could be that Garmin was misbehaving.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

Eric,

Been getting a lot of  messages about

Data import failure - do not reply

Could this be related?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

buckindb

This morning, I tried to sync 3 workouts from this past weekend.  One of the three would not sync.  I get a Data Import Failure message in Message Center telling me an unknown error occurred with the workout.  All 3 appear in Garmin Connect.  The failure occurs even when I try to manually import the FIT file.

Any ideas?  Do I just wait for Garmin to keep retrying?

Thanks!

eric :)

I'm looking into these problems right now.  Could you send me the files that could not be imported so I can see why?  Please send them to support@runningahead.com.  Thanks!

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I have been having the same issue reported by Hermosa boy - getting several messages "Failure to import" in the last few days. It started on Saturday.

Manual import still works, but not from the GPS. I have to save the .gpx files from Garmin Connect on my computer, then import into RA.

mikeymike

Hi mikeymike,

I made several bug fixes this weekend.  It's possible that the Garmin push was made at the same time as one of the web servers was going down.  Garmin retries the push periodically.  I have plans to switch to a different load balancer, which should reduce if not eliminate the brief outages as the load balancer detects the down web server and reroutes traffic.  The other explanation could be that Garmin was misbehaving.

eric Smile

I think my case was just Garmin misbehaving.

I say this because the run eventually appeared to show up in both Strava and RA at the same time. I get a notification from the Strava app on my phone that my run is ready. When I got it, I immediately checked RA and I had a new run in my inbox, so I'm assuming it pushed to both at the same time. For some reason there was about a 30 minute delay where usually it's pretty much instantaneous.

Runners run

rkid

mine worked fine just now.

rob

PBs:  5k: 20:30  |  10K: 44:55  | Half: 1:45:17

2013 Goals:  sub 20 for 5k  |  sub 45 for 10k  |  sub 1.45 for HM