Running shoes back on my feet. (Read 902 times)

After High School was over i continued running for College XC and trained pretty hard. Fall came around and I quit the team for all the wrong reasons. I started smoking and doing other horrible things. RUnning has always been my way of giving life a reason and without it i felt hopeless. About two weeks ago I dropped out of school because of all the pressures and and presence of drugs. I have been clean for 9 days and hope to never be back to that dark place. I am running again and hope to be back to my old racing self in a few months. I will keep everyone posted. 4.20 Mile or bust!
    Run World, Run.
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Well done you - I wish you EVERY success with your decision to start running again (and to leave 'other things' behind). Maybe you should open up your log (public) so that your 'virtual friends' can see how well you are doing? Regards Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey x! Glad you're here and have decided to check the direction you were headed. Please don't forget that you will have to do some build-up to get back to what your mind tells you is OK in terms of pace, distance, etc. Are you still in NY? Running is the best high out there, no need to look for other ways to "escape". You said you will keep us posted and I am going to hold you accountable for that! If there is any way you can, find someone close to you that will also help you remain accountable. Don't be too hard on yourself, just remain positive and get out and run. We've told others on this forum that family can be incredibly supportive and you should allow those that love you to help you out when you are not strong (oh, my, I'm starting to sound like a song...). Anyway, I'm pulling for you! Keep up the good work, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're doing the right thing and literally moving in the right direction. You'll reach that goal! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, X. Taking responsibility for your life and the direction you want it to go is one of the most mature decisions you can make. Stay strong. We're all rooting for you! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

I am very appreciative of every ones kind words. I can see that everyone shares the same passion for running and the fact that all of you support each other is so much of a motivation to me. It really is a community in the truest sense of the word and I will do my best to keep that comradeship going
              Run World, Run.

You'll ruin your knees!

Michael, I am going to write your name down and put it in my running kit. Since I will have a little time on my hands this weekend, I will be thinking specifically about you and the challenge you are facing. If you get a chance, go for a run, breathe deeply and feel how good it feels, knowing that your other lifestyle only robs you of that feeling. You don't have to be on a team to experience that! Take care and have a great weekend, I will be thinking about YOU! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

x, i hope you'll let everyone know when to celebrate your first 10k. keep it up, h.