I ran to the next town! =D (Read 240 times)

For my Saturday long run I ran 8.45 miles, following my usual gravel road from one end to the other, all the way to the next town over and back again!  I set that goal for myself about a year ago, when I looked at a map to see how far the road went.  Also, over the last few weeks, my long run pace seems to have gone from Amazingly Pokey (15:00) to Not Bad For A Fat Girl (13:30), which is pretty darn cool as well.  I am very happy.

~Kate

Life is short.  Running makes it seem longer.

an amazing likeness

Hey now!  Look what you can do....you should be happy.  You should be darn well pleased with yourself. Congrats. Looks like you're going to crush your monthly mileage trend in April as well.  Clap, clap!

What I notice is that the brand of beer cans changes in various towns as you go along....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

That's pretty cool. Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Hill Slug

Well done!  I've always loved doing this type of run.

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Cool Jump Suit

I love geography!  Well done!

So bittersweet,
            This tragedy
            Won't ask for absolution;
            This melody,
            Inside of me,
            Still searches for solution.
            A twist of faith,
            A change of heart
            Cures my infatuation.
            A broken heart, 
            Provides the spark
            For my determination.

Neat!  That is one of the things I love about running.  It is an exercise that allows you to go places and see things! Good job.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

keeponrunning

Nice job!  That's my goal too, to run to the next town.  Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Village people

That is very cool!

This is awesome!  I remember when I first ran to the nex town--it was a huge milestone.  Congrats.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

some call me Tim

Nice! And it's the kind of thing that truly sounds impressive when you tell others Smile I live within a couple of miles of my town (and county) line, so it's just not the same unless I want to go a long way in the other direction... but I do have a little out and back I call "Get Outta Town!"

Pretty cool, congrats.

Thanks everyone! Smile

MilkTruck: Interesting observation about the beer cans.  My reward was to stop at the convenience store in the other town for a Gatorade, and I must not have been thinking too clearly because I couldn't really get beyond the colors: "Red.  I like red.  Red is probably tasty."

rgilbert: I like the quote in your signature.

My next goal is my first 10K on 4/28.  I have no idea how I'll do, but I get a medal at the end, about which I am overly excited.

~Kate

Life is short.  Running makes it seem longer.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Great job!  It is fun to think about running distance you usually only cover in cars, isn't it?   Smile

And there's nothing wrong with getting excited over a medal.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

dirtroadrunner

Great Job!!! That is a fun goal to have met!

Oh roo roooo!

I laughed really hard at your names for your paces; think I need to make some names like that for mine, since we seem to be in the same boat right about now!