Wrist ID Tags (Read 2351 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I went the low-cost route a few years back.  I got a metal dog tag at the pet store from one of those engraving machines.  $2.95, I think, with enough room for name and phone numbers.  I used the little ring it came with to attach it to my Garmin, which I almost always take on runs.  Problem solved and I don't have to remember to put it on.

very cool idea.

steph  

Am I doing this right?

I went the low-cost route a few years back.  I got a metal dog tag at the pet store from one of those engraving machines.  $2.95, I think, with enough room for name and phone numbers.  I used the little ring it came with to attach it to my Garmin, which I almost always take on runs.  Problem solved and I don't have to remember to put it on.

A couple weeks ago I saw the idea online to use my RoadID velcro-fabric band as the bad to hold my FR305.  2 birds, 1 stone.  Works great.  The RoadID is more comfortable than the band that came w/ my 305 and I never forget to wear my RoadID now.  

YMMV

MTA:  Adding a LINK to the post.

No excuses....

#artbydmcbride

I got the key pouch for my shoe with the RoadID metal band on it.  

I just checked and it doesn't stink either.    Smile

Runners run

jules2

I've gone for a more permanent solution, I have " If found please return to Ileneforward, SoCal" tattoed on my wrist.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

That's a sneaky way to stalk me!  Big grin

Runners run

an amazing likeness

Wear something.  Not in your shoe laces.

Strangers helping you will do amazing things, but the hospital people want more info.

Again, not on your shoes.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I think the fabric RoadID is more comfortable, but they do get smelly.  The silicone one felt too bulky.   My current solution is to put the metal tag on my small Livestrong yellow band.  No fastener, no velcro-  perfect.

Howdy, Slim.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

What??!! Is no one here a fan of Mysteries?

I mean, if I get flattened by a semi and squished down a manhole it will be much more entertaining to everyone if I'm just a mysterious disappearance. Everyone can blame Islamic Extremists and stuff for a few weeks.

mjbrown2001

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Not to mention the entertainment - DNR - classic!

Just ordered my RoadID. Thanks MattJ and DgRosen for offering the coupon codes - $2 off worked!

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

I've also gone the road id route - I always get the dog tag version though.  My wife has a wrist strap one.

A couple weeks ago I saw the idea online to use my RoadID velcro-fabric band as the bad to hold my FR305.  2 birds, 1 stone.  Works great.  The RoadID is more comfortable than the band that came w/ my 305 and I never forget to wear my RoadID now.  

YMMV

MTA:  Adding a LINK to the post.

My wife tried that but her wrist was too small; her road id strap wasn't long enough.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I run it through the wash in a delicates bag every often when it starts getting funky

Brilliant, thank for the tip!  I've been washing my road id and music holder by hand.  Ashamed my brain didn't think of this solution because it's lots easier.  Thanks.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Brilliant, thank for the tip!  I've been washing my road id and music holder by hand.  Ashamed my brain didn't think of this solution because it's lots easier.  Thanks.

No prob!  I wash a lot of things that are meant only for hand-washing, that way.  Now if only someone would make a bicycle helmet with straps that could be removed and washed.  Road ID wristbands have nothing on helmet straps for funk factor.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Wear something.  Not in your shoe laces.

Strangers helping you will do amazing things, but the hospital people want more info.

Again, not on your shoes.

Haven't read this entire thread but I do know about getting hit by a car hard enough to have a shoe knocked off. So, not on your shoes.
                            MrH

My wife got me a nice ID wrist tag. It has my name and address on it, but what does 'DNR' mean?

Great minds. From the Christmas gifts thread...

I got a Road ID badge from my family with DNR on it.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

MrH

Haven't read this entire thread but I do know about getting hit by a car hard enough to have a shoe knocked off. So, not on your shoes.

I wear one on my shoes. But then I run on vehicle-free trails.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.