Training Log Settings > Map Access setting is not working (Read 45 times)

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

Within my Training Log Settings, my "Map access" setting is unchecked. When my working gets automatically downloaded from Garmin Connect (thank you for this great feature), all my workout details get properly loaded however, when I look at the Map for this workout I see that the "Mark map as private" is checked.

This is preventing others from seeing my maps. In order to fix this, I have to manually go in and uncheck this checkbox on the "Mark map as private" on all new workouts. Am I mis-reading this Training Log Setting? Do I need to check this setting "on" in order to have all my new maps public?

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

Over the last couple of days I tried both settings of the "Keep my new maps private unless I explicitly allow them to be public" checkbox. In both situations (checked and unchecked), as my new workouts were automatically uploaded from Garmin Connect servers, my maps were marked private and not visible to others. So it appears the "Keep my new maps private unless I explicitly allow them to be public" feature in the Log Settings is not working.

an amazing likeness

Within the Garmin Conenect integration app, there is a set of preferences specific to the workouts imported from Garmin Connect.

Log -> Tools -> Applications -> Garmin Connect

Open the preferences on the application and you'll see a checkbox for "Mark workout routes as publicly viewable".

Check that and the workouts imported from Connect will have their maps set to public.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

Thanks milktruck! That did it. Now it works.

SilentJake

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, except I'm downloading my data directly from my watch, and not via Garmin Connect.

Just for the sake of it, I wanted to check my settings for below, but I can't find where the "Log" is.

Log -> Tools -> Applications -> Garmin Connect

FYI, I'm using a Mac.

The Log is your training log.  Toward the bottom of the navigation menu, you should see a "Tools" tab.

an amazing likeness

I'm having the same problem, except I'm downloading my data directly from my watch, and not via Garmin Connect.

Fundamentally, each of the ways to add a workout to your Training Log have a (separate) control about map privacy.  The answer to Blue Rocket's question was specific to the Garmin Connect app.

When you're adding a workout via a direct upload from the device to RunningAhead, the setting for map public/private is the Data Importer dialog box which comes up when you click Upload GPS Data and initiate the upload.

an amazing likeness

Thanks milktruck! That did it. Now it works.

All credit to the site's creator, owner and chief smiley guy, Eric -- I only wrote the reply, he provided the needed info.

SilentJake

Thank you for both of your replies, amoeba and milk truck.

I got it sorted out through the Data Importer dialog box. I don't know why, but when I checked "Mark workout routes as publicly viewable" before, it used to stay that way as a default (or so I thought). But maybe I'm remembering incorrectly...

Anyway, glad to have it figured out.

Thank you so much!