Running headlamp? (Read 235 times)

tightlaces

tightlaces

If you're looking for a cheaper option, I recommend the Petzl E91 Tikkina headlamp. It sells for $25 and hasn't given me any problems so far. I've been wearing it about 2 hours a week for the past 6 months and have yet to change the batteries.

(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027GVIOW)

It's light weight  and has two lamp settings; one super bright and one lower for running in the fog. You can swivel the head to three different angles which I have found very useful. Helped me catch sight of a few deer in the distance before they scared me half to death.

I prefer to wear a baseball cap for each run and rest the light on the brim of my hat. It helps keep the band from moving/bouncing.

Good luck!

Imminent Catastrophe

It really depends on how long you're running and where. I like the Sprinter but it doesn't have a very long battery life, a few hours at most. The flashing red light on the back and rechargeable battery are good features. The ReVolt is a step up but I've had inconsistent battery life with the rechargeables (only worked a couple of hours in one case) so I use it with regular batteries and it's basically a Spot, which is a good light. Another step up from the Spot is the Storm which uses four batteries and it is brighter and lasts longer.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

If you're running on uneven ground, something to look at might be the Knuckle Lights.  Because they're lower, they cause bumps and cracks to throw shadows and so show up better.  You'd think that because they're on your hands, it'd be strange and it does take a little getting used to but I've had mine a couple of years go and I find them pretty good although I do also use a head lamp as well.

One added advantage is that because, they're moving, motorists notice them sooner.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

.   I'm pretty frugal, so I didn't like spending $54 buck on this, but I am now certain it will be money well spent.

Not the brand I have but +1

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Evolving body parts

If you're looking for a cheaper option, I recommend the Petzl E91 Tikkina headlamp. It sells for $25 and hasn't given me any problems so far. I've been wearing it about 2 hours a week for the past 6 months and have yet to change the batteries.

(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027GVIOW)

It's light weight  and has two lamp settings; one super bright and one lower for running in the fog. You can swivel the head to three different angles which I have found very useful. Helped me catch sight of a few deer in the distance before they scared me half to death.

I prefer to wear a baseball cap for each run and rest the light on the brim of my hat. It helps keep the band from moving/bouncing.

Good luck!

+1. Battery life is really great. Reliable piece of gear. Bouncing was never a problem for me, maybe adjusting the strap helps?

I wear the Sprinter sometimes without a hat, although most of the time it is over either a baseball style cap or a beanie. I don't use the optional top strap.  It has never bothered me. I pretty much forget it is there.

I also am not terribly fond of the charger base, and you do have to make sure you snap it in there.  I worried about it's durability, but it has survived four years of use now, so can't complain.  (I've managed to break two Garmin 410 charger clips in that same span.)

I had a Petzl Tika headlamp. It cost around $35 and it was a good headlamp for that price. Unfortunately as has been the case with all my headlamps save the BD Sprinter, eventually water managed to get into the battery compartment. It lasted about a year before that happened.

I use a headlamp with two brightness levels I got from home depot (actually we've got about five of them) They are something like $15. Brightest level is good for in the trees or on gravel- next level down for the pavement. Has 3 AAA- I use rechargeable nmhi.

dyuatl

I bought  a pair from Costco and they work fine. It 's not rechargeable but the price is good-$9.99!