Training Log/Training Plan Integration (Read 919 times)

Beware, batbear...

It would be wicked cool if there was some sort of "design your own" or "upload" training plan and then have it integrated with the training log (maybe some sort of rabbit) to track progress.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Impact& sport adventurer

Yes!!! Great idea. Reports with planned vs. actual would be great.

PBs: 1 mile - 4:59 (2008) 5k - 17:34 (2011) 10k - 37:40 (2011 in Blenheim Half), 21k - 1:21:32 (2011 Blenheim) 42.2k - 2:59:24 (NYC 2011), Ironman - 10:28:43 (2010 Hawaii)

2011 Goals: Olympic Tri - 2h05min (2h09min), 5k: 17:30 (17:34) 10k: 37:00 (did not attempt), 21km: 1:21:00 (1:21:32), 42.2: 2:59:59 (2:59:24)

This is a great idea. I would love to be able to create my training schedule and add it to a calendar. I would also love to be able to upload the schedule to my Garmin Forerunner. I don't use this site exclusively. However, if a training schedule integration was added, I would use this site exclusively.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

It would be great to put my training schedule into the calendar on this site.

Instead of junking up my kitchen calendar with upcoming/ potential races and training plans 

Any suggestions?

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

an amazing likeness

Instead of junking up my kitchen calendar with upcoming/ potential races and training plans 

Any suggestions?

Some folks put in workout entries with future dates to build a 'plan calendar'.  The workout entry doesn't prevent you from adding a future event.

A downside (to me) is that these future, planned entries don't display differently in the calendar than a workout you've done.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I agree that it would be useful to have a training plan in the training log.

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

Wingz

Professional Noob

Some folks put in workout entries with future dates to build a 'plan calendar'.  The workout entry doesn't prevent you from adding a future event.

A downside (to me) is that these future, planned entries don't display differently in the calendar than a workout you've done.

In addition to the future dates, you can also create a workout type called "planned" and give it a different color.  That way it'll stick out on the graph if you forget to change it or do the workout...

Roads were made for journeys...

kcam

Any suggestions?

Doesn't completely cover your request but you do know you can add future 'events' to your calendar?  It's one of the options in the dropdown box when you hover over 'New Run Entry'.

As an example here's my calendar view for this month.

I'll be running Boston but won't be running the two 5K's but, since they are important races in our local USATF series, I want to know when they are.

Beware, batbear...

I would rather have a gadget that I can plug in my intended mileage/workouts for the days of the week and then put in the actual mileage.  That way I could sort of get a grade as to how many of the days I'm actually hitting the mark and get a "grade" for the week.  Could potentially clue into weaknesses in training.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.