>Racing>Race Day Boost?
I've got a fever...
On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office. But you will wish that you'd spent more time running. Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.
How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.
Top 10 (+1) things that make me run faster on race day:
1. Adrenaline rush.
2. Running in a crowd.
3. Running with people who are faster than me.
4. Knowing that a rest day always follows a race day.
5. Wearing a bib.
6. Cheering spectators.
7. Knowing that this will go on my permanent record.
8. Water tables on the course.
9. Having paid to run; not wanting to waste my money.
10. Knowing that I will be asked about my time by friends.
11. Knowing that Trent will read my log.
Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone else gets a big boost on race day, just from the excitement, and if so, how much of one?
I train regularly, and once in a while I try to do intervals at race pace as preparation.