Sara & Anna's Race Report (Read 1250 times)

Hi all! Just wanted to give a quick update on Anna (since many of you have asked). She turns 4 later this month and is very excited. She's having a Dora birthday party after her horse therapy session that morning. I got her a shadow-box to display her medal, bib and pictures in from her first race. She can hang it in her room. AND, I got her signed up to "run" the Youth Run in St. Louis the day before I run my first marathon. She's going to be doing a kid's 50 yard dash this time. This should be a flat course so she can do it all by herself without anyone pushing her wheelchair. She's already started her training, which includes racing down the hallways at our house and the aisles at Wal-Mart. We really need to work on stopping at this point...she thinks it's hysterical to ram into people to stop herself. Wink All in due time. Sara
      We really need to work on stopping at this point...she thinks it's hysterical to ram into people to stop herself. Wink All in due time. Sara
      If she's ever up this way, that qualifies her to drive in Boston. Thanks for the update Sara, can't wait for Anna's race report (oh, and your little race too Big grin).

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

If she's ever up this way, that qualifies her to drive in Boston. Thanks for the update Sara, can't wait for Anna's race report (oh, and your little race too Big grin).
        Ha! Big grin Thanks Ed! I think I'm just as excited for her race as mine!
        msl

That is the most amazing story! Love the bunny slippers! She is a gorgeous little girl. Congrats to both of you!
          btb1490

Thanks very much for the update Sara!!! Keep up the great work, both you and Anna! Smile
              Thanks very much for the update Sara!!! Keep up the great work, both you and Anna! Smile
              Thanks Bob! How's your training going? And how's Amy doing?
              btb1490

Thanks Bob! How's your training going? And how's Amy doing?
                Thanks for asking Sara! My training is going as well as possible for mid January in the Northeast! Tongue Amy is amazing! Check it out! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7828316766219280718&hl=en

Thanks for the update!

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

What a sweetheart!!! Thanks for the report! Smile She's an inspiration, and lucky to have you and your Mom to encourage her to make the most of her abilities. Go, Anna!!!!

Another Passion

Cool! Another race! That's awesome Sara. Thanks for keeping us posted! Bob, that is an adorable video. Wink

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Wow! I missed this the first time around. GREAT! Thanks for updating so I can read the report! Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Sara, How about an update. How's Anna doing?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

Hey Sara, How about an update. How's Anna doing?
                            And how's Sara doing?

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

And how's Sara doing?
                              If you check her blog, you'll find that she's a very busy attorney. But if we keep bumping this up, she's bound to see it eventually. Smile

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.