Warning, a very controversial topic! More controversial than Religion, and Politics... (Read 459 times)

. I've never done an RNR, they really do sound awful, .

I ran the Seattle RNR a couple of years ago and it was ok.

What really go to me though and why I probably wouldn't do another was the size of the event. I am used to running smaller races (and ultra's) where 200 is average and 1,000 to 2,000 is large.

20,000 plus made me fell all itchy.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

bap

I hate crowded marathons, even though I've done 3 of the marathon majors (one of them twice).

I don't want to hear music during marathons, it's distracting.

I have a beef with finisher medals and t-shirts. Of course I'm going to finish! Even worse, Berlin were giving out finisher t--shirts .... at the expo!!!!

Actually I hate marathons,

I ran 3 races last year with only 4 competitors in each. They were the bestest!

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

I dont know the full history of RNR events.  when started, how many, where, etc. Obviously there are many more of them now.  I wonder if the total # of RNR participants each year is still growing, but declining #'s at individual events.  The field is diluted.

I think it was San Diego in 1998 for the first official RnR event, although for decades many races like Bolder Boulder, Bloomsday, and Bay to Breakers were known to have block parties and bands along the course. There might have been one or two more that year, and maybe a half dozen a year after that. No clue how many there are now. Always been a skeptic, although did consider one once. Ran CIM instead.