Older courses not showing up in my list when I enter a new run (Read 680 times)

jwa95ta

Even searching for it, I am not finding half of my courses. Just like the guy above. In fact its showing the same small list of courses I had two weeks ago when I first posted. I think I am a gremlin :O Jason

Lazy idiot

Hmmm.... The drop down I think only shows recently used courses. And I've heard that it can take a few seconds (maybe longer?) for the page to search through the database for your older courses. If you are allowing enough time (again, I'm not sure how long it would need) for this search to occur, I'm stumped. MTA: Also, have you tried forcing a refresh of the page to make sure the new scripts get loaded? I'll flag for eric, though. Good luck!

Tick tock

Thanks for trying to help Drew, but there's definitely something off in the code. I've tried everything: 3 different browsers, manually clearing cache, cntl-F5, waiting 5 minutes for course search results to load -- no joy. Something about our course lists must not be playing nice with the new log code.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Lazy idiot

Thanks for trying to help Drew, but there's definitely something off in the code. I've tried everything: 3 different browsers, manually clearing cache, cntl-F5, waiting 5 minutes for course search results to load -- no joy. Something about our course lists must not be playing nice with the new log code.
          Yeah, I think I exhausted my usefulness on this particular issue. Big grin I did make sure that it's been flagged in the testing forum.

Tick tock

eric :)

Berner and jwa95ta, I looked into it this weekend. The one thing you two have in common is the way you name your courses, that they are prefixed by the distance. For some strange reason, the database is ignoring numbers in the search for courses. I did some searching and according to the database documentation, it works but I'm not having any luck. For now, you need to type in the names instead of the mileage while I think of a way to let you search by distance. eric :-)
            jwa95ta

Thanks Eric and Drew for your help!! Jason
                Berner and jwa95ta, I looked into it this weekend. The one thing you two have in common is the way you name your courses, that they are prefixed by the distance. For some strange reason, the database is ignoring numbers in the search for courses. I did some searching and according to the database documentation, it works but I'm not having any luck. For now, you need to type in the names instead of the mileage while I think of a way to let you search by distance. eric :-)
                Glad you spotted the problem, and thanks for providing a workaround. Hopefully you can find a way for us to search using numbers. If your database search was using regular expressions, then it sounds like its using something like an [A-Za-z] search pattern when it should be using an [A-Za-z0-9] search pattern. Alternatively, you could allow us to set the default sort on the Courses pages to "by distance" and I could rename all my courses to drop the number prefixes. Wink

Glad you spotted the problem, and thanks for providing a workaround. Hopefully you can find a way for us to search using numbers. If your database search was using regular expressions, then it sounds like its using something like an [A-Za-z] search pattern when it should be using an [A-Za-z0-9] search pattern. Alternatively, you could allow us to set the default sort on the Courses pages to "by distance" and I could rename all my courses to drop the number prefixes. Wink
                  This is a database problem. I do not use regular expression to do the search because that requires a table scan, which takes way too long. Instead, I'm using the text indexing capability of the database to do the heavy lifting. I have a feeling that it's the decimal that's messing things up. The text indexing service probably thought it was an end of sentence instead of part of a number string. That's just my suspicion. I'll have to think about how to sort by distance, which is easy. Getting it to display properly could be a different issue...
                    eric - Whatever you did today, bravo and thanks. The problem is fixed, at least for me. All courses are showing up perfectly. Big grin

jwa95ta

I have tried just renaming some of the courses I dont see on my list to using a word fist and not the mileage and it still wont show up. But if I copy the course and save it, then it will show up. But that gives me duplicates on my course page. Maybe I should try to rename them all to a word first and see if that helps. Jason

I have tried just renaming some of the courses I dont see on my list to using a word fist and not the mileage and it still wont show up. But if I copy the course and save it, then it will show up. But that gives me duplicates on my course page. Maybe I should try to rename them all to a word first and see if that helps. Jason
                        Jason, Copying the courses is not a solution. How long have you waited after you typed in parts of the course name? Could you give me a course name that would not show up even after you typed it in so I can check it out? eric :-)
                        jwa95ta

Here is one of them. 8.44 dc/fkln/murray/gw/belleriver/maryland I havent copied that one or anything. Jason