I was amazed... (Read 833 times)

Wing

Joggaholic

I have never been to or even watched a marathon before, so maybe I am easily impressed. Yesterday on my run I ran across a marathon race (they were running along/sharing an open public trail), and I saw a very young girl running in it with a bib number. She looked like an 8 years old to me because she's so short and tiny. I was so impressed that I decided to look up the race result today. She's in the 10-14 age bracket and she finished in 4:01. Maybe this is not unusual in the world of running (I claim ignorance) but I'm just in awe...

No.  That is definitely pretty cool.  Good for her!!!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

I'm surprised. Many marathons have a minimal age of 18 for entry.  

Marathon Maniac #3309

(cough cough) I ran a 4:03 a few weeks ago)  WOW, that is incredible !

I was sick tho - LOL

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MrH

I remember seeing Aurora Scott at the Richmond Marathon 1999.

Female 19-Under

Aurora Scott

Portsmouth

Va

3:33:45

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just checked our most recent local marathon.  The youngest was a 14 year old male, who did it in 3:48.

A Saucy Wench

I'm surprised. Many marathons have a minimal age of 18 for entry.  

I've seen 16 and 13 as minimum ages, I've also seen under 16 needing medical release form. 

There was a 9 year old in my half last year who finished right around 1:50.  He was on pace for <1:45 but struggled the last 1.5

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7