Dead Harriers 5k - Doylestown, PA (Read 1024 times)

Miss, Thanks for the kind words. the Dead Harriers is a group of former training partners who now coach High Schools. Dead Harriers is an plan to develop youth running in a fun manner. On a long training run, we all realized that except for the Macguyverish-techno-geek we all played instruments...we were going to start a band...like the Dead Kennedy's....the logo on the drum would be a guy barfing....(it was the 80's) and we called the guy Tyrus G. Harrier. We just resurrected the race, with about 5 weeks of planning....we used to hold it in the same location in the 1990's. Lynn Jennings and Tiffeny Milbrett of the US Soccer Team (4 weeks after the 1999 Women's world cup win) are among runners who've run that same course. We're staging it again August 20th, 2008 and there will again be awards for the first three men and women wearing a hawaiian shirt the entire 3.1 miles. We also have a high school race at 6:30Pm on the same course....the first week of official practice...Boys & girls run together..... and a kids mile fun run Aloha!
      Congrats, nice time!
        Miss, I just looked back on the 2007 results and realized you missed Third Place Overall Woman by a second. The 2008 race is set for August 20th, and the registration link it live on active.com now. Please tell your friends.
          2008 Entries are open.........You can find out more about the race at: http://racoonsports.com/_wsn/page7.html We're also doing another race, this one for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County, CHRISTMAS IN JULY5K AND RACOONSPORTS.COM KIDS MILE FUN RUN. INSTEAD OF THE HAWIAAN SHIRT AWARDS CATEGORY THIS ONE HAS "HOLIDAY ATTIRE" SO expect to be running with Elves, Santa and a reindeer or two. INFO FOR THAT ONE IS AT: http://racoonsports.com/_wsn/page6.html

Michelle

Miss, I just looked back on the 2007 results and realized you missed Third Place Overall Woman by a second. The 2008 race is set for August 20th, and the registration link it live on active.com now. Please tell your friends.
              Thanks Pat. I was just thinking about this race and I've marked it on my calendar! See you and that hill on the 20th! Big grin

Michelle

Prince of Fatness

Hmmmm. I'm only about 45 minutes away. I have a 4 mile race that I am running on the 16th, so I'm not sure I'll want to race so soon after that. It's tempting, though. Nice job last year, by the way.

Not at it at all. 

The voice of mile 18

I will put it on my calendar and see if I can get any old timers from lower moreland to show up. see ya there

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Hmmmm. I'm only about 45 minutes away. I have a 4 mile race that I am running on the 16th, so I'm not sure I'll want to race so soon after that. It's tempting, though. Nice job last year, by the way.
                    If you decide to check it out, please let me know. I'm always up for meeting a fellow RA member! Thank you, btw. I wasn't expecting to run the time I did and now I'm feeling a little nervous about running at least the same time. We'll see. Smile

Michelle