Gallbladder surgery (Read 512 times)

Cripes I wish this was over. I have not been able to run since... ok sometime in July. I have been dealing with right upper abdominal pain that the surgeron has decided is gallbladder. So Tuesday I am having surgery and I can't wait to get out running. I am thinking I can start back slowly after 4-6 weeks. I have really needed to go for a run but the pain has kept me from that and I am not so very happy. Okay just wanted to whine. Hopefully things go well and I can start back to running by the middle of Nov. thanks for listening to me whine. I know you all will understand. Corrinabear
    Eustace Tierney

YoYo

I had my Gal Bladder removed about 10 years ago. I sympathise with the pain you are going through. I had key hole surgery and recovery was very quick. I actually played 30 mins of a soccer game a week after. Probably not recommended but you should recover fairly quickly. Good luck.

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

It sounds like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My wife had her gallbladder removed (along with her adrenal gland and a big chunk of her liver) exactly two years ago and yesterday she just completed her 3rd half marathon. Prior to the surgery she never even ran. You can start counting down the days until you're running again. Best of wishes.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

Queen of 3rd Place

Good to hear that they figured out what was going on! Take care.. Arla

Ex runner

Menace to Sobriety

Don't they go in through the navel? You may be up and running sooner than you think. Good luck.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Thanks all, Yes they are doing laproscopic surgery. I Just signed up for a Resoultion run Jan 1 in Kelowna so now I have something to look forward to. I encouraged a non running friend to join me so she is going to start her training soon as well, so we can run together. Corrinabear

The Greatest of All Time

I had mine pulled back in 2003 and about 3 months after my appendix was removed. I think 4-6 weeks is about right conservatively. I was pretty sore for about 2-3 days but nothing major. You will be fine, just listen to your body.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.