Staying on Training (Read 512 times)

Finished!

I thought the month of December was going to be difficult to stay on track, but it has proven to be fine. Looking at January, however, is somewhat daunting. I am now building miles on my long runs, and they can't easily be rescheduled to during the week (because I run so slowly lol - and explaining why I've disappeared for a coupe hours during the beginning of the workday may be difficult to do). I've got several weekend conflicts including a trip back to the frigid north see the parental units...and those weekends I'm supposed to be running 7 & 8 mile runs the weekends I've got conflicts. I'm going to try to plot a route while I'm back visiting the parents - hopefully playing with the mapping tool and just making sure I have clothes packed will make sure I get out (I jus thope there isn't snow & ice because I'm not prepared for either of those--course I'm not prepared for rain either) Suggestions on staying on track? Speaking of which, I should probably go register for my races LOL
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    Scout7

Cancel weekend plans. Running is vastly more important. On a serious note..... You do your best to try to get them in, but realize that life is a marathon, not a sprint, and that missing a run here and there isn't going to completely kill you. Take it all in stride, and you'll be fine.

Finished!

Smile thanks - appreciate it - I figure I'll finish the HM one way or another...as it is I suppose I might be considered "undertrained" by the time the event hits. I may well be wanting that run to escape the parental units LOL
        Walk + Jog = wog.
        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        Scout7

Just don't let it slip that I was nice for once. Our secret.