MP3 player tunes... does every runner have (Read 786 times)

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

our own DJ Steveboy Boyett
    I swear, the dumbest thing I've ever done as a DJ is get a website named "djsteveboy.com." I never go by "dj steveboy." I always just say my name, Steve Boyett. But there's that website. Sigh. I used it because, with my name, I was steveboy most of my life, and when I put up my writing website I used steveboy.com, so it seemed natural to use "djsteveboy.com" when that came about. Stoopid. I've bought djsteveboyett.com and am going to transfer everything to it and, I hope and pray, drive a stake through the heart of dj steveboy so that he can rest and stop darkening my doorstep.
    Steve Boyett
    Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
    Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
    dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Born to Run on his or her MP3 player or what?
      The two I hear about most are Eminem's "Lose Yourself" (which I can totally understand) and Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" (which I cannot). Missy Elliott's "Work It" seems like a natural to me.
      Steve Boyett
        I have an IPOD... I LOVE these..... 1. (don't laugh) The Cup of Life- Ricky Martin This song starts out with "Do you really want it? Yeah!" perfect for when I don't want to do another hill repeat. Ricky Martin is actually ASKING me how badly I want to do well in my next race. Smile
        Ricky Martin's cd "Ricky Martin" is one of my favorites. (don't laugh at me either!) I love it!!..just love latin really. Some good running songs!!
          I like Crystal Method as DJs and doubt they knew anything about me when they were contacted by Nike. But I did read an interview with them in which they said, no, we're not runners, but we talked to friends who run. Not easy to come by that level of of commitment and research nowadays.
          True. James murphy of LCD Soundsystem when approached by Nike said "Sure, I run, quite a bit". Later he just came straight out and said "well er no I dont, that was a lie. I just wanted the artistic freedom of a 45 min track whilst someone else pays me". A dj shafting Nike, the way it should be Wink http://music.guardian.co.uk/electronic/story/0,,2008606,00.html
          Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
            My Ipod plays audiobooks exclusively.
            dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

True. James murphy of LCD Soundsystem when approached by Nike said "Sure, I run, quite a bit". Later he just came straight out and said "well er no I dont, that was a lie. I just wanted the artistic freedom of a 45 min track whilst someone else pays me". A dj shafting Nike, the way it should be Wink
              He was also soundly taken to task for a repeating vocal in the mix that keeps saying "Shame on you." People stayed away in droves -- no one wanted to hear that while running. And while I see nothing wrong with a DJ grabbing brass rings from Nike, I do see something wrong with misrepresenting a product as being made by a member of a community for whom the product is intended. To me, the misrepresentation was evident in the product itself.
              Steve Boyett
              dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

My Ipod plays audiobooks exclusively.
                I think you can get that repaired if it's still under warranty. Smile
                Steve Boyett
                  He was also soundly taken to task for a repeating vocal in the mix that keeps saying "Shame on you." People stayed away in droves -- no one wanted to hear that while running. And while I see nothing wrong with a DJ grabbing brass rings from Nike, I do see something wrong with misrepresenting a product as being made by a member of a community for whom the product is intended. To me, the misrepresentation was evident in the product itself.
                  "Shame on you" does go on a bit. I remember thinking "Schidt, this run is going crap" during that part of the track. I take your point on duping the community cause at the end of the day Nike get their brass rings from the community.
                  Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.