Why I might buy a Lexus someday (Read 819 times)

Feeling the growl again

Glad they are OK.  I hope the wreckless perps get much more than a slap on the wrist.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

No Talent Drips

Dang. Scary. Happy for all that the outcome was this favorable. (except, of course, for the feckwad that drove away).

Dei Gratia

Happy everyone made it out ok. 

As a ex part time firefighter running the heavy rescue I will +1 the lexus for survivability as well as red Audis.

We responded to 3 accidents in 1 week where transport trucks had crushed red Audis and in each case there were only very minor injuries.  the Lexus' always seemed bullet proof too. 

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Wow--so glad they're alright. Just a week ago here, almost the same thing happened on I-40...two boys racing, an elderly woman driving a Suburban was hit, and she rolled down the embankment. Unfortunately, she didn't survive. One of the boys was arrested, they're still trying to find the other.

#artbydmcbride

Holy Cow, Stevie Ray, I am so glad they are okay!

Runners run

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Thank goodness they are okay! That had to have been absolutely terrifying. I hope the idiots racing get the maximum penalties for doing so.

TRUST THE PROCESS

an amazing likeness

Great news that all are ok, although undoubtably shaken.

[As an aside...I have a small 'collection' of cars from the 70s and 80's era and it is amazing how much better safety engineering there is the cheapest, crapbox entry-level cars of today versus the cars of just 20 - 30 or even 15 years ago. I have a '70s VW that I am nervous about driving in anything other than a parade...]

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Great news that all are ok, although undoubtably shaken.

[As an aside...I have a small 'collection' of cars from the 70s and 80's era and it is amazing how much better safety engineering there is the cheapest, crapbox entry-level cars of today versus the cars of just 20 - 30 or even 15 years ago. I have a '70s VW that I am nervous about driving in anything other than a parade...]

Oh yeah. When I think about the years we drove a 1993 Jeep Wrangler -- no ABS, no airbags, ragtop/platsic on all sides -- I think we were pretty lucky. Our new Grand Cherokee is like a tank by comparison.

Glad your folks are OK! I hope the dirtbags responsible get a dream date with Bubba in some Texas state prison.

Slo

Oh yeah. When I think about the years we drove a 1993 Jeep Wrangler -- no ABS, no airbags, ragtop/platsic on all sides -- I think we were pretty lucky. Our new Grand Cherokee is like a tank by comparison.

Glad your folks are OK! I hope the dirtbags responsible get a dream date with Bubba in some Texas state prison.

I'm driving a 1987 Jeep Wrangler with 200,000 miles on it. It's been in a couple of roll overs...just not high speed roll overs.

I'm driving a 1987 Jeep Wrangler with 200,000 miles on it. It's been in a couple of roll overs...just not high speed roll overs.

Yeah, actually I'd be fine rolling over all day long in that Wrangler -- as long as it's nice and slow on a trail. But driving on a highway with high-speed traffic and trucks, not so much.

A Saucy Wench

Yikes.  Glad everyone is ok. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ostrich runner

Having been hit a few times, I recommend Subarus. Had a run in with a Dodge Ram last year. I tried to dodge, got rammed. I had just sold a much flimsier car. It was beyond belief to me that the car took the hit it did and that I wasn't injured.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum