Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Smashy!!!

Are those stack heights or the midsole heights? Gotta be the midsole. No way it's lower to the ground than the racing flats.

Hey Cbus,

Hope all is well, havent touched base in a bit!

The Sayanora will pretty very low to the ground, coming in at 19-9 stack heights! (10mm ramp)

So compared to Elixir (27/15) and Musha (22/13) it's going to provide an awesome performance running experience... will be the first mizuno shoe utilizing the new midsole compound u4Ic  which is 30% lighter than our current AP+ midsole, yet just as resilient.

Going to have a fast feel being that low slung.   (For comparison the Kinvara is 23/19 and the Pure Connect is 18/13.)

I'm so stoked for this shoe (obviously)

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

clintmorningwood

Hey Sethh!

Havent been in this thread for a while, but I have seen a lot of  (awesome) things about the Sayonara. I do have one concern though; in my  precisions, the stitching towards the end of the shoe is really bothering my toes, will a synthetic toe area be present in the Sayonara?

luckstone

Does Seth even know what he's talking about?  Where's MSG when you need him!

Does Seth even know what he's talking about?  Where's MSG when you need him!

My guess is back home in Texas, saw him 2 weeks ago at HQ for a meeting... he's enjoying better weather than I am for sure!

Cbus,

The numbers I got are direct from the head of footwear..... I'm guessing he is giving just what the midsole heights are, so we'll see what testing shows the actually stack heights to be with outsole, sockliner, etc...    It's still rather low slung.. and looks like a lot of racing flats.

We list the Levitats to be 8/8... RunningWarehouse has it closer to the PureDrift and Virrata as they measure 15/15

I can't find the stats, but Runners World has it's own number for it as well...

Basically, to me... it doesn't matter, it's just how it feels!

---------

Hey Sethh!

Havent been in this thread for a while, but I have seen a lot of  (awesome) things about the Sayonara. I do have one concern though; in my  precisions, the stitching towards the end of the shoe is really bothering my toes, will a synthetic toe area be present in the Sayonara?

Hey Brad!

The entire upper is "no-sew", and will feature printed overlays... so I'm guessing the problem you're feeling will be fixed with Sayanora.
            The upper is super smooth.... I've only played with a bunch of samples, and can't get my 11.5 foot into the sample size 9... but I think you'll dig it.

---------

Smashy!!!

Cbus,

The numbers I got are direct from the head of footwear..... I'm guessing he is giving just what the midsole heights are, so we'll see what testing shows the actually stack heights to be with outsole, sockliner, etc...    It's still rather low slung.. and looks like a lot of racing flats.

We list the Levitats to be 8/8... RunningWarehouse has it closer to the PureDrift and Virrata as they measure 15/15

I can't find the stats, but Runners World has it's own number for it as well...

Basically, to me... it doesn't matter, it's just how it feels!

with all due respect, I have to disagree. While I won't quibble over 1-2 mm, I need a shoe with sufficient cushioning for everyday training. Precision and Elixir have that. If Sayonara is 6mm less than those, then I doubt it'll have enough cushioning for me. So I'm hoping he gave you the midsole heights and not the stack heights.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

TigerEyess

Sethh,

I have a question about the women's Wave Rider 16's vs 15s.  I currently run in Precision 13's but as previously discussed (to death) they're going the way of the dodo.

Took the Wave Rider 16's for a try at the store today and they felt great.  However, the 15's are on clearance for almost $90 cheaper! (note - Canadian prices)

How much difference is there between the 15s and the 16's?  Am I going to find a significant difference between the two?  Is there a size difference between them?  I wear women's 10 in the Precisions and the Riders felt great in the same size.

Thanks for your help.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Are you running in the Pre12 or 13? I run in both and don't have that problem in either shoe.

Hey Sethh!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

How much difference is there between the 15s and the 16's?  Am I going to find a significant difference between the two?  Is there a size difference between them?  I wear women's 10 in the Precisions and the Riders felt great in the same size.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the question!

So the only major differences between the Wave Rider 16 vs. the 15 is in the upper.
                    The WR16's upper is almost a full ounce lighter (putting it just about at the exact same weight as the Precision).

If you can get a sweet deal on the 15's... no way would I talk you out of it, but when you try the 16, you'll just notice it a touch lighter.

As far as sizing.. yea, same size between Precision and Riders.

Shoot any other questions my way!

Best

Seth

---------

EricR

Seth,

Do you currently enjoy the Wave Rider at all?  Thinking of our somewhat similar tastes I was curious how much running, if any, you do in the Wave Rider and what you thought of it.  I realize it would be trainer for you.

Still hoping to find that the Sayonara is the bomb.  But if it's not (for me)....

Seth,

Do you currently enjoy the Wave Rider at all?  Thinking of our somewhat similar tastes I was curious how much running, if any, you do in the Wave Rider and what you thought of it.  I realize it would be trainer for you.

Still hoping to find that the Sayonara is the bomb.  But if it's not (for me)....

Hey Eric!

To be honest... I personally hardly ever run in the Wave Rider.   To me, it's a little too forgiving and well cushioned for what I like in a shoe (Elixir, Musha, Ronin...)

It's got a great fit, feels fine on my feet, but not a shoe I would use for daily training.  I run about 9-11x per week, and my 2nd runs of the day are always just easy recovery runs, and thats when I prefer something like the Wave Rider.   I actually alternate between the Rider Prophecy and Precision for these easy runs... when I'm just running along at a casual pace (usually 2min slower than marathon pace)

On these runs, I just feel my body prefers a bit more cushion on tired legs, after my harder morning runs and 8+ hours of the work day.

---------

EricR

Thanks Seth.  I'll be ordering my first pair of Elixir 8's soon.

Definately need more Elixir's.

EricR, I foresee an intervention in your future.

Big grin

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

EricR, I foresee an intervention in your future.

Big grin

That's right = there is a pair of Nike in there.

That's right = there is a pair of Nike in there.

haha!

I actually this the Saucony A4 he has is a pretty nice flat

---------