So, what's yours? (Read 921 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Reading some of the other posts and seeing how far people go made me wonder... 1. What's the furthest you've run to date, and was it a run or a race? For me it was the 2007 Knickerbocker 60K (37 miles) which I ran a couple weeks after running the NYC marathon. Can wait to run it again this year (the NYC marathon and then the Knickerbocker).

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Farthest I've raced is 50k. Farthest I've run in training is about 30 miles. Farthest I've run after getting lost is 28 miles on (what was supposed to be) a 17 mile training run.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JakeKnight

42 miles. I got lost.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Scout7

We could just measure our biceps, too. That'd be fun.
          JakeKnight

Marcus already has that taken care of. He's so prepared. MTA: does this joke still work, or is too old school in this strange new futuristic world?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

Length or girth?

Tick tock

my running career isnt as well-defined as the others before me, but my longest run ever (last fall i think) was 7.5 miles. after which i made it home, crawled in through the door and threw myself on the kitchen floor for a good 15 minutes

Ostrich runner

I've run about 20--set out to go about 10 or 12, just felt like continuing. That happens to me every now and then if I hit the endorphins right. I've walked 47 with a pack on. Both of those were solo too.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Teresadfp

One day at a time

11.5 miles, which is SO much fun to tell people. I mentioned that to a Cute Young Thing looking for shoes in a store today, and her jaw dropped. "Wow! I can't run that far! I can barely make it around Back cove [4 miles], and I think that's really good!" Made my day. Smile

Kings Canyon NP 07'

26.2 for me. The last 2.2 of that distance seem a little longer than ~9 laps around a track!

left-right-left-right-repeat

51 miles here... R2R2R double crossing of the Grand Canyon. Hoping to double that at the Leadville 100 in August, if all goes well. Big grin

Into the wild

my longest run ever (last fall i think) was 7.5 miles. after which i made it home, crawled in through the door and threw myself on the kitchen floor for a good 15 minutes
                          SPLORK!!!

Shut up and run

Purdey

Self anointed title

Longest run in last few months has been 18. This weekend will see a 20 miler (shins permitting). Aim is to build long run to 30 before a trail marathon in Oct and then onwards and upwards to 40ish in prep for the Thames Meander (55m) in Feb.

26.2 miles in a marathon.
                                A marathon (42.2 km) , but it was part of an Ironman, so I had already cycled 180km and swam 3.8 km before I got to that stage. It was awesome.