Hip Stability Routines (Read 186 times)

Joann Y

HI! I saw this link in my blog "Stats"! Glad you like her, too. I was a bit turned off by the site at first, as well, but it's seriously the only thing I've been able to stick with as far as strength training goes. Seriously less than 20 minutes and fast results...if I could just keep the winter diet under control. Zuzka's subscription is only $10/month, and I've found it totally worth it.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry it's been a downer the last month! Haha.

Leslie

Ha! I debated about linking to your blog (I didn't know it would alert you! good thing I didn't say anything stupid. at least not here anyway). It's been a fun read for sure. Glad you've been willing to share.

Mountainllama

Haha! I wouldn't have minded if you did. I have pretty thick skin! Smile

Yeah I do some of the stuff kilkee said, but also lunges and some hip extension/mobility stuff like pigeon hip extensions and a few static and active stretches. It's not complex or time consuming-- 15 minutes or so 2-3 x per week after a run usually.

I spend about the same amount of time per week on non-running strength.  A PT friend of mine did a few tests on with me and basically told me to stop running (LOL, brah) until after a few weeks (or months) of the stuff he gave me to do. I was actually already sold on the importance of hip/chassis strength after reading Anatomy for Runners. 

It is just a function of my personality, though, to feel a resonance with Kevin's sentiment.  I just wanna run and keep it rolling.  So, for me, I just do supersets which include the most basic things:  walking lunges, squats and upper body stuff.

I respect Kilkee a ton, but there is just no way I can ever incorporate a fraction of what she posted.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

kilkee

runktrun

I respect Kilkee a ton, but there is just no way I can ever incorporate a fraction of what she posted.

LOL thanks, brah.

Some people have better parts than others and are naturally more efficient.  I am not one of those people.  If I don't do at least a few basic movements a day, I fall apart.  Find what works for you and keep it simple.  My bare minimum routine is a couple squats at work everyday, maybe a glute bridge or two when no one is around, about 30 seconds of deep core activation/proprioception a couple days a week before and/or after a run if I have a clean spot to lie down, and 30 seconds of rolling almost every night.  If I go more than a few days without doing this stuff, things hurt, hips dislocate, runs feel really hard.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.