A few of my favorite running things - What are yours? (Read 251 times)

obiebyke

+1 to RA. Smile

My trusty 305. Still kicking, but man do those new Garmins coming out look good...

Mizuno Wave Inspires.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

My favorite thing is someone just a bit faster than me to chase down a race course.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ahhh...and while my feet are wide and sorta low-volume, they are also VERY straight.  I loathe what NB did with their shoes when they eliminated the SL-1 last, since it was so straight.  Everything else is so curved.  The Frees are sorta straightish, which is the only reason they work as well for me as they do, given that they aren't overly wide.

It just shouldn't be that hard to find a pair of shoes.

steph  

Oh roo roooo!

The luminous blue that the sky is just before the sun comes up.  The black silhouettes of trees.  Early morning birds passing overhead.

Snow with no footprints in it except mine yet.

Raindrops hanging from the brim of my hat and the kind of secret, private feeling of running in the rain.

I've been way slower and way fatter than I want to be for the last 2 years or so but these are the things that keep me coming back and working towards something better.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Raindrops hanging from the brim of my hat and the kind of secret, private feeling of running in the rain.

I've been way slower and way fatter than I want to be for the last 2 years or so but these are the things that keep me coming back and working towards something better.

Me too.

I totally get the rain thing.  When people say they don't like running in the rain I often think they're clearly doing it wrong.  Rain is awesome as long as it's not borderline snowing.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Me too.

I totally get the rain thing.  When people say they don't like running in the rain I often think they're clearly doing it wrong.  Rain is awesome as long as it's not borderline snowing.

+1

lots of poetry in these posts. That wasn't the response I anticipated but I love it.

i love running in the rain too. I enjoy a dry snow fall too as long as there is no wind with it. Silver dollar sized snow flakes gently drifting down with a white covering over everything - especially at night when drivers are snug in their beds and I'm running through the silent white streets.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Slo

Post Run Beer

ZenaFree

spam.
                  diane_77

1.  My NB shoes (I'm not brand picky, just have very flat feet that those shoes fit better)

2.  My lululemon crop pants.  Pockets (one with a zip closure), and virtually nonexistent seams.

3. My ugly super-wide headband.  It's not pretty, but it's comfy and keeps my hair that's too short for ponytails out of my face)

4. My tazer; if I'm running alone.

diane_77

I'm gonna have to type this post up and pin it to my cork board at work.  That's so beautiful, and so true.Approve

The luminous blue that the sky is just before the sun comes up.  The black silhouettes of trees.  Early morning birds passing overhead.

Snow with no footprints in it except mine yet.

Tnelfrank

Phone

Pepper Spray

Headphones

Hipssister hip pack

and a few puffs of my albuterol Wink

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Nothing like a bib number and four safety pins to get the blood pumping.

Yup!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

• Store brand socks from Road Runner Sports (in Falls Church, VA - purchased a few years ago, socks still going!)
                            • Garmin Forerunner 305 - leads don't always connect, but it is still kicking nonetheless
                            • Nike Combat compression shorts - a must. Can't run without them.
                            • Headlamp/flashlight
                            • Brooks Glycerin 10, 11 .... 
                            • Nathan hydration belt with one large bottle holster at 45° angle on back, smaller bottle holster, pocket, and a bungie cord thingy to strap down my light saber, or something else useful
                            • ziploc sandwich baggie, to keep my phone dry from dripping water bottle, sweat, and rain in my hydration belt pocket
                            • old pair of glasses with Croakies strap so that I can see where the heck I'm running

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

AnneCA

• Sunrise runs.  The quiet streets and trails, the fog, the animals, starting with a headlamp and finishing in the daylight.
                              • Monthly local club races for $3. 
                              • Running in new places on vacation or during work travel. 
                              • NPR podcasts.
                              • My regulars.  I don’t know them, I’ve never talked to them, but Headphone Guy, Tights Guy, Dog Lady, it’s nice seeing you.
                              LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

• Sunrise runs.  The quiet streets and trails, the fog, the animals, starting with a headlamp and finishing in the daylight.
                                • Monthly local club races for $3. 
                                • Running in new places on vacation or during work travel. 
                                • NPR podcasts.
                                • My regulars.  I don’t know them, I’ve never talked to them, but Headphone Guy, Tights Guy, Dog Lady, it’s nice seeing you.

You post an appealing dating profile, Anne.